Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gobble Gobble!

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at our new house! Two weeks before Turkey day Josh and I rushed around trying to finish unpacking boxes so that we could move a dining room table and hutch into our dining room. Yes, we had lived here for 7 months and were STILL not unpacked! But, we managed to clear out what was going to be the dining room, move in the furniture, and I even put out our china...which was still in the original boxes...displayed nicely in the hutch.

This year our little family had grown by 1 little person, but our extended family had grown by 5 people! Some of my relatives that lived out-of-state had moved back to Florence, so the total count that I prepared a Thanksgiving feast for was 17! We had a great time and the kids seemed to have a BLAST in the playroom. At one point in the evening I poked my head in to see how everyone was doing and it was a disaster - translation: they were having fun :)

Some of the kiddos in the playroom


Happy Turkey Day! 

Though you can't tell from the picture above, Corinne had a double ear infection  :(  Poor baby! She stayed close to her Mommy & Daddy all evening, but earlier in the day she was able to try her very first food! Mashed banana's...which she wasn't crazy about! I'm sure they will grow on her just like they did with her brother! She LOVES apples though! :)

The infamous first bite...

Not so sure about it!
The day after Thanksgiving we had our family pictures made. (I know, what was I thinking? The day after Thanksgiving? Talk about bloated! haha) They turned out great! I ended up using them for our Christmas cards this year - but the main purpose for having them made was because I have a gorgeous 16X20 frame that I need a portrait for! Our photographer, Tabitha, never disappoints! :)


Family Photo - 2011
Precious baby girl!

My sweet blonde haired, blue eyed boy!

No comments: