Saturday, July 9, 2011

1 Month


My sweet little Corinne,

My how this first month of your little life has just flown by!  I am trying so very hard to just soak up every minute. You are such a blessing to our family, reminding us every day what is really important in life. I can't believe how you are growing! At your one month weight check you had gained 11oz in 11 days! You are now up to 9lbs and 5oz and you are 21.5 inches long, so apparently Mommy's milk is working for you! :) The doctor did say that you have a little reflux, so we are trying Zantac and so far it is helping. You have been doing pretty good at night, but every once and while you decide to be a party animal and keep Mommy up :) That's okay, I love just cuddling with you! Whether or not you sleep at night you always take a nice long nap with brother everyday. You love to cuddle between me and Landon in our big bed upstairs. You don't like to sleep on your back, so I prop you on your side and you sleep like a little angel. You are still in 0-3 month clothes, which still feels so strange to me! We totally skipped that size with Landon! haha! But I have put you in a few 3 month outfits and I can tell you will be in them in no time! Pink looks great on you, and I love putting bows in your hair. I can't wait until I can paint your toes and finger nails. I am already tempted to go buy some piggy paint :)

I could sit all day long and just stare at you. I have looked you over from head to toe and decided what characteristics you have gotten from Mommy and which ones from Daddy. For instance, you have Mommy's ears, nose, and chin. In fact, most people say you look a lot like Mommy. I think you will have Daddy's eyes and you definitely have his toes :) You are such a pretty little girl. I do have to add that you are a little bit of a diva. Mommy & Daddy have spoiled you 100%. You feel as if it is necessary to be held all day and night. I have had to learn how to take really, really fast showers because I get about 10 minutes tops before you have a fit because no one is holding you. We will have to work on this in the coming months, sweet girl. Mommy does have housework that will need to be done at some point :)

Your little personality is also beginning to show. Besides loving to be held, you also love to go outside and walk...but only in Mommy or Daddy's arms of course. You like for me to "shhhhh" if you are fussy, talk sweet baby talk to you, and you seem to like your brother's lullaby CD. When you are eating you prefer to be swaddled in a nice warm blanket. You are not a huge fan of bath time, even though I love to smell you afterwards. Ahhh, new baby smell is so sweet :) You absolutely want nothing to do with your car seat, stroller, or paci, and the minute that Landon gets loud you do too!

This past month has been such a joy, but I can only imagine what the next month with hold. I love you sweet baby girl! I am so glad we have you in our lives!



You refuse to sleep on your back. Instead you sleep on your side, just like Mommy.

You make this little pucker face a lot, usually when you're trying to get comfy or ready to eat. I think it's so precious :)

This picture reminds me of your brother when he was a baby.

Sweet little toes :)

Talking and giggling with Mommy 

Sweet little smurk...and you can see a dimple in your cheek!

Pucker face! Feed me!



We went to visit Mommy's doctor, Dr. Aldridge. She just had to snuggle you up!




No comments: