Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Landon!

On Saturday, July 3rd we celebrated Landon's 3rd birthday with a fabulous construction party! I had stayed up until the wee hours of the night days before the party, trying to make sure we had everything just perfect! I am so happy to say that everything went off without a glitch! We did, however, run a little late getting the party started, as the birthday boy was still napping! ha! And anyone knows that if you want a happy kiddo then you don't wake them!

I was nervous that having two little ones might make life a little too crazy and that Landon's party, which was ever so important to me, would fall apart. I could just see it - Landon would throw temper tantrums because he didn't get his way and Corinne would scream bloody murder because she wanted to nurse and because she was sleepy. To my surprise it was right the opposite. When I went upstairs to get Landon dressed in his new birthday outfit he jumped out of bed, rested and refreshed and said, "Oh, I hear my party! Lets hurry!" He and I both ran down the stairs to greet his guests. Josh was holding Corinne, since before the party we had decided we were not playing "pass the baby." I had pumped prior to the party so if she needed to eat there was no problem there. To our surprise baby girl slept the entire time! Only woke once to eat, and then right back to sleep! Perfect little angel.

Landon was absolutely in aw of his party. Construction signs, tractors, dozers and dump trucks were everywhere! I bought a huge roll of caution tape and lined the driveway and mailbox with it, not to mention that we had a total of 35 orange, yellow, and black balloons spread out around the house and patio. For entertainment we had Landon's jumpy house and his sand and water table in the back yard...it's safe to say though that the jumpy house was the entertainment of choice. We ate wrecking balls (sausage balls), nuts and bolts, and spinach dip, all served in dump trucks or tin cans. Don't worry, I washed them and lined them with wax paper before I served any food in them! For dessert we had cookies, a huge 3D dump truck cake, and homemade ice cream with orange, yellow, and brown M&M's and dirt (crushed oreos) for toppings.

After everyone finished eating we headed inside (and out of the 98 degree heat!) to open gifts. As usual Landon received so many wonderful things! He is such a loved little boy! Josh said it's time to clean out the playroom to make room for his new toys...not so sure Landon is taking to that idea yet though :) We shall see...

A huge thanks to Kay's Embroidery for making Landon's birthday outfit last minute! (because I am a space cadet!) Also a big thanks to Amy's Cakes for making the AMAZING 3D dump truck cake...which by the way tasted just as delish as it looked! AND everything, even the construction cone and 3 was edible! So cool! And since I was running around like a zombie trying to make sure everything was in order, I owe my dear friend, Ashley, a huge thanks for taking all of the pictures for me!! You captured some really great memories for us :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Happy Birthday, sweet Landon. Mommy, Daddy & Corinne love you more than you will ever know! You are the sweetest, smartest little boy, and quite the character, I might add! The things you say and do crack me up, and I love and adore you for that! I am so impressed with your manners and your generosity. I love watching you grow from my baby boy into a charming little boy. I hate that time is quickly passing us by, but I promise to soak every minute of your precious childhood up! I'm so glad God chose me to be your Mommy - you make me so proud! I love you!

Amazing 3D dump truck cake!


Birthday Boy!

And a few of his guests...

Pamela & Easton


Reese & Robin

Ashley, Richard, & Lydia



Daddy & sister hung out inside since it was SOOO hot.


Jumpy house fun!

Happy Birthday! Make a wish!

Landon had his own smush cake because, even at 3, he dives in face first :)

Close up of his smush cake

Family Photo


Landon & Elyssa

Party Animals!

So excited about his presents :)

A new bike from Mommy & Daddy

Love that sweet face 

One year older, but still silly!

Lydia, Landon, & Corinne


Gearing up for his first ride! Corinne gave him his "safety gear" for his birthday. She didn't want her brother to get hurt!

He did really good...

...but he did crash!

But this tough boy jumped right back on! No worries!


Precious :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

I cannot believe he is 3!!! He had such a fun party!! Love that little guy :)