2 months? Already? No. It's not possible. Just in the last month you have changed SO much! I love being able to spend every single day and night with you. You are such a good baby and I feel so honored to be your Mommy! It never fails - on a daily basis we are stopped by a stranger to have a look at you and tell us just how beautiful you are! I must say, I think they're right!
"Really Mom? Is the hair bow necessary?"
{this is soooo a Lisa face! ha}
"Well, okay. I do look pretty snazzy in it..."
This last month we have really been exploring and figuring out "what works" for us. I am so happy to say that you are on a schedule! Woohoo! Our family functions best on a routine, and baby girl, you are right there with us! During the day you eat every 3 hours at 12, 3, 6, and 9. The best part is that I feed you at 11pm and you sleep until 5am without waking! You then nurse for 30 minutes and back to sleep you go until 9am! Thank you, Corinne. Mommy sure has loved getting some much needed rest, too! Though many people would shake their finger at me, I have been letting you sleep on your tummy. You absolutely, positively will not sleep on your back, and if I put you on your side you just roll yourself right on over to your tummy. If you were in another room then I might protest this, but Daddy has allowed me to keep you in the room with us for now, so as long as you are sleeping good (which you are!) then we will continue the tummy sleep. I was worried you wouldn't be able to move your head from side to side, but Daddy & I both witnessed you lift your head completely up, turn it from side to side, get all cozy and then go right back to sleep - so I know you can do it and I am not so paranoid anymore!...(even though I wake up all the time just to check on you!)
You have been on your acid reflux medicine for a month now and it really works! There were a few days that I was late giving it to you, and boy did I pay for it! You still spit up from time to time, but like the doctor said, that's just because you want to make sure you are "full as a tick." :) You occasionally get these crazy hiccups that really bother you! I mean, you get seriously mad at them! So far nothing really works to get rid of them - just feed you some more - but that usually results in more spit up. It's a lose lose situation :-/ I'm sure you'll grow out of them!
We go to the doctor on Monday for your well baby check-up, but there is no denying that you are a growing girl! I measured you myself on your 2 month birthday and you were 23 inches long! And even though we dont have a baby scale, when I get on the scale with you there is an 11 pound difference, so I bet you're close to that :) Just look at your pictures, you're really filling out, chubby cheeks! :)
![]() |
| One word: healthy :) |
...holding your head up
You've also become more interested in your bouncy seat. You dont like for it to bounce, just to watch the lights and hear the music suits you just fine! In fact, you sat in it 2 evenings this week while I made dinner, and to my surprise Landon plopped down next to you in the kitchen floor to "join you" as he says :)
You must have been mesmerized - look at that drool :)
And - tah dah - you DO like your swing! haha! If you are not in your bouncy seat, you are sleeping in your swing while I cook dinner!! You like to swing side to side on low speed and you prefer to hear the "nature" sounds while you rest.
Have I mentioned how much your brother LOVES you...
You are beginning to wear more 3 month clothes now, and I recently went shopping for your fall and winter wardrobe. Girl clothes are just tooooo cute. We might be in trouble when Daddy gets the credit card bill :) He always said he wanted a little girl to spoil...well, he got his wish =D haha
You are finally beginning to ride in the car without pitching a fit. The car seat isn't your favorite place to be, however you're warming up to it ;) I honestly think the change for the better is because of your schedule - I now know when it's a good time to go places. You usually take a good nap about 45 minutes to an hour after you eat, so that has become the prime time to run our errands :)
One last picture to leave you with. As pitiful as it may look, I just adore this little pouty face :)
I know, baby girl. I'm sad that you're growing up, too!








2 comments:
Can't believe how big she is getting! She is absolutely beautiful!
Can't wait to see that pouty face again:)
Post a Comment