Saturday, February 11, 2012

8 months



Sweet, sweet Corinne!

You sure have made life extra busy - but I wouldn't have it any other way! And honestly, I am sure it is only going to get busier! Goodness - where do I begin. On January 9th you started sleeping on your tummy. It scared me to death! I woke up at 3:30am to check on you and you were on your belly! I did an army crawl into your room, rolled you over (hands through the crib so your wouldnt see me - it would have been over then!) and army crawled out. By the time I got back to my bed you had rolled over AGAIN. You have always preferred to be on your tummy - and even though it wasn't allowed - I used to let you sleep on your tummy when you were in the room with Me & Daddy, but for you to be down the hall, it makes it so terrifying for me! I have found myself waking occasionally, just to take a peak at the monitor.

You gave up being swaddled at night at about 4 months old, but you dont sleep well unless it is HOT in your room! I put a space heater in your room (that tells the temp) and we also bought a Halo sleep sack for you. I dont allow it to get over 75 degrees in your room, but if it is less that 70 or 71, you cry because you are cold! You get that from your Momma :)



At the beginning of this month you had a ear infection that we kept treating with antibiotics. After two weeks of a strong antibiotic, I noticed your mouth was really white...and since you are still nursing, Momma was having some issues, too. Bless your heart - the antibiotics had killed off all of the good bacteria and you got thrush :( So back to the doctor we went! A little swish and swallow three times a day for a week and it was all cleared up - but we dont want to see the doctor anytime soon!

When we went to the doctor to check for thrush, the doctor noticed something. He said that your gums were very swollen and you would probably be very cranky in the coming weeks because you have several teeth trying to come in at once! 6 to be exact! Eek!

I chew on everything!
This month you have gotten really good at saying "Mamamama." I'm not going to lie, when I step out of the room or if you're in your high chair while I cook dinner, I LOVE to hear you call my name :)
You are really trying to crawl, but you get too mad too fast. I know this will sound crazy - like I am trying to hold you back or something - but I am just not ready for you to be crawling! With Landon I was sooo ready for him to meet all of his milestones, but with you, I'm fine if you dont crawl for a while :) Always stay my sweet, loving little baby!


Trying to crawl
I have, however, bought you a walker. You started getting fussy/wiggly every time that I was in the kitchen making breakfast/morning snack/lunch/afternoon snack/dinner (yeah, we're in the kitchen a lot) so I though a walker would be good for you to hang out in. So far you love it!



As for your stats, you were 18lbs 9 oz. at your check up and you love it when I feed you table food! You are currently in 9 month clothes, although you still have several 6 month dresses that fit you well. And thankfully you are still sleeping through the night like a champ! There have only been a few times (mainly because you've had an ear infection) that your sleep has been disrupted.

Happy Girl!!

Sweet, messy mouth :) Just enjoyed some sweet potatoes

I love how much they love each other!


You are growing so fast! I love you sweet baby girl!

No comments: