Wow! I had the best, most unexpected Valentines Day. Ever!
Let's face it - after two kiddos Valentines is not about you anymore! haha I spent several days planning sweets for Corinne, Landon, and Landon's friends at school, never once thinking much about me and my sweetie! We always say "no gifts" only cards, but neither of us ever stick to it. I always get Josh some of kind of sweet treat, a nice card, and cook him a yummy meal. Josh usually gets me a card and flowers. That part was expected.
 |
| Sweet flowers from Josh & the kiddos |
However, the rest of my loot was not! Since the day Corinne was born I have been wanting one of the stamped necklaces with both babies names, birthdates, and birthstone beads. Well, I got my wish :) I didn't expect Josh to let me get it until Mother's Day, but a few days before Valentine's day he told me to go ahead and "order that necklace thing you want." haha I had found a lady who makes them locally for half the price of what you can order them for, so I guess he thought I needed to get it before she raised her prices! I haven't taken a picture of it yet (oops), but the lady that made it did. The pendants stack on top of each other so you only see the kiddos names. And the ruby & pearl are the kids birthstones. I love it!

...and, as if Josh hadn't gone so far out of his way already, he had heard me talking about how I wanted a certain Matilda Jane dress that is no longer in production. So he searched and searched and FINALLY found me one on eBay! It still had tags! Wow! Talk about one lucky lady! :)
 |
| MJ Teary Bluebird |
And I think that even though I wasn't supposed to get anything at all for Valentines Day, the absolute best (and most thoughtful!) gift that I received was something that Landon did. We practice our letters every. single. day. But, other than writing his "L" (which he LOVES to do!) I dont have him write out his letters that often. He loves to play on his LeapPad, so I know he traces them on there, but I haven't put a lot of thought in to it. Well, Josh - mister thoughtful - knew that Landon was capable of signing his own name, so that's exactly what he did :) I will keep this card forever and ever! Landon's very first signature :)
No comments:
Post a Comment