Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Games We Play

So what do you do when it's cold and yucky outside and you have time to kill?...lots of it! Anyone close to me knows that I am not a big TV person. Don't get me wrong, I become a zombie in the evening. I use the TV to wind down from a long day. It's relaxing...and I am a sucker for some reality TV. But, with that said, Landon also turns into a zombie when the TV is on. If I would let him, he would sit in front of the TV all. day. long. I'm not crazy, but there are only certain times during the day that we have the TV on...like when I am making lunch or dinner (although he doesn't watch it much...he's usually too busy terrorizing the dog or me), and I let him watch 30 minutes of TV when I am putting Corinne down for her afternoon nap. And if we are going to be in the car for more than 30 minutes, he's allowed to turn on a movie then, too. See - i'm not such a meanie! Anyways, I don't know about you, but I get to where I run out of fun things to do when we're inside all day. And when Landon was Corinne's age I used to feel so bad if I wasn't entertaining him all the time! So...needless to say, I have created a monster. Wait - 2 monsters...Corinne is just as needy! At least she has big brother to entertain her, too!

So, if anyone has any suggestions I am more than open to them! The winter days just seem so long.We read books, color, and work on our letters every morning, play Monster Trucks,Trains & Tractors with Landon, Corinne usually jumps for 30 minutes twice a day to wear her out, and she loves to bang on her little piano she got for Christmas. And I am sure that my kids are probably content, it's just me that's getting bored! haha. When it was just me and 1 kiddo we would go to the mall or Target and browse, but getting around town with two kids feels like a circus...and sometimes more trouble than it's worth! So we do our errands on Friday when Daddy is home :)

Oh - and please don't say Play-Doh. We tired this - multiple times actually. Landon thinks it's funny to smash it into the carpet. My beige carpet. So...that's now considered an "outside toy" as Josh calls it.

Obviously, when I run out of things to do I just whip out the old camera and take some videos. :) Gotta savor those precious memories!







2 comments:

The Gists said...

So sweet! I say stick them in the bathtub all day. That is what I do with Emma lol. Maybe look on Pinterest for some ideas.

Shoalanda said...

Hi, Try this. I was going to suggest an AIBO, but they are 1200.00.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/137798/