Anyways, here is what we did. Literally. A play-by-play. This post is obviously for my own record, and might be boring to those of you not in this stage! But, since so many of my friends have wee-ones this might be helpful to you in the near future :) (or maybe not, since every baby is so different!)
When Landon was little we did the Ferber method, or as everyone calls it, the Cry-It-Out method. I was originally opposed to it, mainly because it sounds so pitiful! Knowing that for at least one week your itty bitty baby is going to cry themselves to sleep, for possibly hours on hours, seems so cruel. But, we had success with Landon so I knew we could do it with Corinne.
We began our sleep training on December 14th and this is what our usual routine is:
Nice warm bath, followed by a full tummy and teething tablets, then we head upstairs for a bedtime story (the classic Goodnight Moon), then I hold & hug Corinne a few minutes, lay her down and walk out. She rolls to her side and goes to sleep.
Day 1- 23 minutes of cry time (Put to bed at 10:00)
Day 2 - 5 minutes (Put to bed at 9:20)
Day 3 -10 minutes (Put to bed at 9:15)
Day 4 -2 minutes (Put to bed at 9:15) woke up at 3am...ear infection
Day 5- 20 minutes...fell asleep, woke up 10 minutes later. Cried for 5 minutes & back out. Didn't wake up until 9:30am
Day 6 - 7 minutes
As you can see the amount of time that she cried was minimal! With Landon, he cried for 2 hours the first night, and the 3rd night was the worst for him! With Corinne being much more stubborn and sassy than Landon, I just knew she would cry all night. I was thrilled when she proved me wrong! I was so confused though! haha I didn't know what to do with myself - I was prepared to stay up all night.
After about 2 full weeks, she only fusses for maybe 1 to 2 minutes (if even that!) and then she rolls over, snuggles with her baby and bumper, and goes to sleep! :) Just the last 4 days she has been going to sleep with no crying at all! I have moved her bedtime to 8:30 pm and she has been sleeping to 8:30-9am. Ah, yes. I love it! I wont lie, I do still wake up during the night to sneak a peek at the monitor...sleeping babies are just precious!
![]() |
| 1st night |

5 comments:
I let my kids cry it out when they were around 4 -5 months and I have 2 great sleepers that go to bed around 7:30 - 8 and sleep 12 hours without making a peep! I love it:)
Ok girls I need help! Seth has always fallen asleep on his own, but now our problem is he cries out and just wants his paci several times a night. Maybe I need to blog about it so I can get some advice!!
Or maybe I should just stop getting up to give him his paci :(
Olivia - Corinne isnt a paci baby, but Landon was a HUGE one. What I did was sprinkle 4 or so paci's in his bed and he learned to roll over and put it in his mouth himself!
Ok, tonight I am putting every stinking paci we have in the bed with him. I usually keep them lined up on the side for myself so I can just grab one, but maybe he can find it. I wish I could attach it to his wrist lol, but that wouldn't be safe!
Post a Comment