Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new!

Every New Year's Eve for the past 8 years Josh & I have had the pleasure of spending a great evening with some of our best friends. The first few years a group of about 8 of us would get together at our house and toast to the new year. As the years went on and our family expanded, only 1 special couple stuck it out with us :) However, as New Years Eve 2011 approached, we wondered if we would be able to continue our tradition because not only did our family grow, so did theirs! Now our little group of 4 had grown to 7! Luckily we were in a bigger house this year and Richard & Ashley's little girl, Lydia, did great during their trial run a few weeks ago! So, we planned our night as usual.

NYE 2006...I have older ones but they're still packed from our move! : - /

With 3 kiddos that were snoozing soundly by 9pm, we of course had to stay in...but no worries, we wouldn't have had it any other way! The boys ran and got dinner & sangria so us girls didn't have to spend any time in the kitchen. We enjoyed lots of conversation (and online shopping! haha Ash!) and we were all able to stay awake to watch to ball drop! I must admit - this is a first for me! ha! I'm always the first to pass out.

Dont judge...I love my jammies!

Richard says Hi!

This is why we love these two characters :)

As you can see, everyone has lost weight...except me :(
That's what resolutions are for, right?

The next morning, once everyone rolled out of bed at 9:30, we headed to Cracker Barrel for some yummy breakfast where Corinne sat in a high chair for the first time! Of course she didn't sit there long...she'd much rather be held! Spoiled.

BIG cheese!

So funny!

Pretty impressive...he color coordinated his PJ's with his toy!

Sweet girls :)

Corinne & Lydia   BFF's!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yah for tradition!

The Gists said...

Happy New Year! Looks like y'all had fun!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I like those pj's, Lisa! Here's to a happy 2012!!