Sunday, June 3, 2012

One.


My sweet little Corinne,

Seems like yesterday I was on my way to the hospital to bring my beautiful baby girl in to the world. No one could have prepared me for just how much love I would be flooded with the minute I heard that first cry. Over the last year I have grown more and more in love with you each day, each minute. I feel so blessed to be your Mama. That beautiful brown curly hair, pretty green eyes, sweet little cheeks I could just kiss on all day long, and that laugh that immediately brings a smile to my face - all of those things - even your little diva personality - have given me such joy this past year. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little person to complete our family of 4.


At one year old you are 23 lbs and 30 inches long. You are currently in size 12 month clothes, size 4 shoes, and we moved on up to size 4 diapers. You are the best little sleeper. I put you down every night right at 8 and you roll over to your belly and go right to sleep. You are also taking two - one hour naps each day (at 10:30 and 3:30). You love love love to eat. You rarely will turn anything down, with baked potatoes and sweet peas being the exception. You do not like them. You do, however, love Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Pizza, Pasta, Turkey, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Mac & Cheese, Rice & Beans, and sweets! Whoa! Do you ever like sweets. You got your sweet tooth from your Daddy!



Well, I tried with the bow! Didn't last long though! :)
You currently have 9 teeth, and boy oh boy are your gums swollen awaiting the arrival of the rest of your one year molars. One has started to poke through, giving you some issues, but nothing like what is ahead I am sure. You are still maintaining your little sassy attitude. I guess that comes with the territory of being the little sister...and a girl. You talk up a storm, which I love, and you and your brother have a language all your own. He seems to know just what you want and need before I do. Yet what they say about siblings is true - you also fight like brother and sister! You have grown very fond of our little dog, Ava, in the past month. If we have her put up in the laundry room you go looking for her calling, "ABA! ABA!" and you love to feed her your dinner, sneakily dropping bites for her. You are not a fan on being in the car for more than 30 minutes, but we are working on that. You are such a friendly baby, waving, smiling, and flirting with everyone you see. It almost seems as though you think you are in a parade at times, waving and catching the eye of every person in the room.

You loooovvveeee wearing brothers boots!

You're a mover & a shaker!

This past year has by far been the best year of my life. You and your brother have made me such a happy Mama. God has truly blessed me with the most precious children and I thank him daily for that. Don't grow up too fast on me, Corinne. You will always be my sweet baby girl. I love you, and Happy Birthday!

No comments: