Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Introducing Mickey & Minnie Mouse :)

This year Landon & Corinne went as a pair - Mickey & Minnie. And no, I did not make them :) Since Corinne is slightly obsessed with Minnie Mouse, her outfit was a no-brainer. I'll be honest, I really wanted Landon to go as Mickey, but every day he came up with a new outfit that he wanted to go as. That is until he saw Corinne in her Minnie Mouse outfit. That's when he exclaimed, "Mommy! I know! I will be Mickey Mouse!" Ahhh, prayers answered...or so I thought. We searched high and low and could not find a Mickey Mouse outfit in anything bigger than 3t, or smaller that an adult small (which would fit a 12 year old) With Landon being a boys size 6/7, I didnt know what else to do but make his outfit. It turned out okay, and Landon even got to wear the Mickey Mouse hands that Josh and I bought at Disneyland 10 years ago!

Landon's class had a party on Halloween, but the teachers requested that they not dress up this year. Corinne and I joined them, and even though they didnt dress up they did get to "trick-or-treat" from class to class.
Landon's Halloween Party at school

Lots of kiddos!
So Halloween started with our usually "Mall-O-Ween" trick-or-treating. I figured this would be good for Corinne since this was her first year to get to walk while in costume.



Minnie Mouse is full Diva mode


Then after we tackled the mall, we headed home to meet up with some other neighborhood kids for a fun night of trick-or-treating. It was freezing, so we only made it about a block before we decided to lay down the seats in the back of my car, open the hatch, and cruise down the street, stopping at each house with their lights on. As usually my kids got waaayyyy to much candy and our sweet neighbors spoiled them like crazy with a goodie bag for each filled with coloring books, new sippy cups, sticks, you name it! It was a fun halloween, indeed! Next year, though, we're using the four wheeler to pull a trailer full of kids through the neighborhood. Much more practical! :)


Some of our fellow trick-or-treaters. The Werewolf & The Valley Girl

We ran in to another Mickey :)

Minnie thought this Mickey was more her size ;)

No comments: