Monday, September 12, 2011

Tree House

I know, I've been MIA...what's new, right? Well...here's one of the many reasons why!

One fabulous thing about our new house? Our backyard! It's not huge, but it's level, shaded, and best of all, there is a cluster of about 6 pines that go in a somewhat circle - which makes for the perfect place for a treehouse!

Josh has been planning this tree house since before we even bought the place! Now, I say planning, but what I really mean is dreaming. There is no plan to this poor treehouse. I asked, just to make sure how it was going to all come together, and Josh replied, "I dont have a plan - that's half the fun just figuring it out as I go!" Nice. Spoken like a true man. It's been interesting to see how it IS all coming together though. I am proud to say that this thing has so many reinforcements by now that it should be able to hold an elephant up there! I know from the pictures you can't really tell, but as of right now the "plan" is to have a swing set underneath the nearest 4X4 and a swirly slide coming out of the side of the treehouse. However, the slide alone is going to be a FORTUNE, so it will come at a later time. (The tree house is so tall that we have to buy a 20ft slide. Just google it...it's pricey) So anywho, it does have railing all the way around because I am super scared for my children's safety, but to see the smile on Landon's face every time the boys go out and work on it makes it all worth it. He (and Josh) are both so proud! And the best part? Landon has already asked if Corinne can play with him in the treehouse! YES, he is willing to share! Priceless!

The beginning...

In case you were wondering, no, my child is not scared of anything! Yikes!

"Here Daddy, let me show you how it's done"

Cutie!

Flooring is going in!


Wow! Really high up!

"No Momma's Allowed!!"

The railing and the stairs are going up...

The Finished Product! (Well, until we find a slide big enough!)


Well, lookie who I found!


I love my treehouse! Thanks Daddy!!!


No comments: