Thursday, September 20, 2012

15 months


15 months already!! Wow!

This past month you had a vocabulary growth spurt! You were already a big talker, but now it is constant. You really understand things, even if we tell you to go get something or put something back. At your 15 month check up Dr. M asked us how many words you can say and understand. I said roughly 20, but on the way home Daddy & I counted and its actually 34. Such a smart girl! Dr. M said we could count them even if they were not complete words...for instance, you know the word cookie, but you call it coook, and you know what a rock is, but you call it a raaarrrrk.
Dr. M said that cognitivly you are on an 18-20 month scale. Yay Corinne! Also at your appointment Dr. M said that at 25lbs you are in the 70%, at 31 inches long you are in the 75%, and your head circumference was 19in, which put you in the 90%. Everything is growing as it should and you are healthy! Sassy, but healthy :)

Me? No, I am not trying to rip this sticker off...BUSTED!

You were able to go to the beach for the second time this month! We took a trip to Panama City Beach, FL from Sept 7-11th. You had a great time and really enjoyed everything about the beach, especially the sand! But - that will be a separate post to come :) I took TONS of pictures, which will be in the upcoming post, but I just couldn't resist showing this one. My all time favorite photo of you!



On Friday, Sept 14th your tooth started to grow back!!!! I seriously never thought I would be sooo excited about you cutting a tooth, but it almost brought me to tears! (not sure if that is because you were so cranky, or that I was so overwhelmed that you will have two front teeth! Probably a mix of both!! haha) I will say this - the only bad thing about cutting a tooth is having to re-teeth one that is broken and chipped :( Talk about ouch! As if your gums weren't already sensitive enough, but I broke down and put Orajel...which I rarely do because you have had a previous reaction...but you (and I) needed some relief from the pain. Luckily it helped and the Orajel didn't make you sick. The tooth is growing in, but very slowly and it is a little discolored, but we're just happy it is there!

Snaggle Tooth!
One other thing to note: You looooove to be outside. Sometimes after your afternoon nap you wake up cranky, as if it wasn't your idea to get out of bed or something. The only thing I can come up with to make you happy again is to put you in your play clothes and let you go outside and dig in the dirt with Landon! You get such a kick out of playing with the "big kids" in the neighborhood. I love watching how you interact with them - you are going to be a social one!

As I mentioned before, getting a good picture of you with your monthly stickers on it is sooo hard. I tried this month, but as the next picture proves, you were not too happy about it. Guess I will take what I can get!



No comments: