Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Landon Starts Pre-K 4


My little 10lb, 2oz. baby boy is growing up. Right before my eyes. And my oh my is he ever smart! Landon officially started "Pre-K 4." He is in Mrs. Linda & Mrs. Regina's class at FUMC. The first week was a little of an adjustment since his new teachers are much more structured, but he's learning a ton! Landon has always been one that loved school, but this year he is really thriving. His handwriting is getting much better than last year and he can look through books and sound out the words. He reminds me often that "in August I get to go to Kindergarten, Mommy!" With a little tear in my eye and weakness in my heart I respond to him, "Yes I know sweet Landon. But you'll always be my baby boy."


Landon got his first shiner this year. And no, not at school...as he was not so patiently waiting to get his haircut. I told him twice not to run, that he would slip and fall, but did he listen? No. So, we put ice on it, finished out haircut, and made a special trip to sonic for a root-beer float...because that makes everything better :)


Something we have done at school, though, it contract a lot of germs! Bronchitis, 3 day stomach bug, and Pneumonia...all from August to December. And as you can imagine, he shared it with the rest of us :-/ Oh well!

This year will be the very last before Landon goes to "big boy school" so I want to soak up every minute, going with him for each and every field trip, plays and activities at school, joining him for lunch every once-and-a-while, and the occasional lets-skip-school-and-play-all-day. :)  Love my baby boy!


No comments: