This year I was determined to get to the beach, some way, some how, we were getting there. Josh and I had said earlier in the year that we were not going to try and brave a long car ride with Corinne...since she is HORRIBLE in the car. No one wanted to deal with it - not even Landon! But, I just couldn't imagine us not going to the beach. We've gone every year (some years multiple times a year) for the last 10 years. So, we found an awesome place to stay (thanks to our insurance agent who just so happens to own a condo in PCB) and made our plans and head to Panama City Beach, FL Sept 7-11.




This year we lucked up and we were able to take our "Yaya" (Landon & Corinne's beloved babysitter) with us. Thanks to that smart move, Mommy & Daddy even got to have a date night! Corinne slept great in her pack N play - which it was her first time ever! Landon slept in bunk beds with Yaya and he great as well. We spent lots of time on the beach since both babies were obsessed with the sand. Last year Corinne could only tolerate the beach in short increments, but this year she really enjoyed it. She loved being able to run, sinking and falling in the soft sand without getting hurt. Our condo had a wonderful pool with a zero entry area for the kiddos.
 |
| Payback for all those times I made Josh ride I guess! ha |
As usual we ate lots of great food! Kristin (Yaya) and I got sun burned on the second day :( We were so busy playing with the kids and making sure they had on SPF90 that we didnt put any on ourselves until it was too late. And to add to it, we thought it would be a great idea to go banana boat riding on the 3rd day. It didn't hurt as bad as we imagined :)
 |
| Enjoying lunch and football at Pineapple Willy's |
 |
| I found the "Lost Shaker of Salt" at Margaritaville! |
 |
| ...and Landon found something else! haha |
 |
| It wouldn't be a beach trip without taking a spin on the go-carts |
And, if you were wondering, the 7 hour car ride both to and from the beach was AMAZING. With someone in the backseat to entertain Corinne it made a world of difference. Definitely taking a sitter on every trip with us...at least until Corinne outgrows her hissy fits in the car! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment