A few weeks ago, on August 21st, you knocked your teeth out. You were doing your usual thing- being a daredevil, conquering the world with your I-can-climb-the-stairs attitude with tons of uncoordinated gusto.
As you were climbing the stairs outside at our neighbors house with Mommy right behind you, you stumbled and fell right on your mouth, breaking and pushing your right front tooth back in to your gums. Yes, you can say it...Ouch. That had to be my worst nightmare. I tried to comfort you, but you were having none of it. When you raised your head off of my shoulder there was blood everywhere. I had to figure out where it was coming from, I assumed you busted your lip, but no, when I placed my finger in to your mouth there was no right front tooth. :( We rushed to the ER, you were histerical, and stayed that way until the nice nurse brought you a popcicle. The ER doctor told us that you had knocked your tooth completely out, and after a two hour wait, sent us home with some antibiotics to fight off infection.
The next morning at 8am we went for a second opinion to your pediatric dentist. He thought that there was a chance your tooth *might still be there, just pushed up in to your gums. With the help of 4 nurses and Mommy, we got an x-ray and HOORAY! The tooth was there! Chipped, but there! Dr. M said it would grow back...which meant you would have to go through the pain of it pushing back through your gums :( He did note that the tooth would not be the same white as the rest of your teeth, but more of a grey due to blood loss. That was fine by me, I just didn't want you to be a snaggle tooth until first grade!
Your tooth started pushing back through on Friday, September 14th! You had been crankier than normal, and while changing your diaper I sneaked a peak at your gums. You've also been getting your "vampire" teeth, and I honestly was just looking to see how far those were in and TAH-DAH! I got a huge surprise when I noticed a white front tooth poking through. I can definitely see the chip, and hopefully Dr. M can with bond a piece to it or file it down so it is not so jagged, but either way, I'm soooo glad your sweet baby tooth is still there!
So please, BE CAREFUL! You are the clumsiest little thing...bless your heart. You get it honest.
Your tooth started pushing back through on Friday, September 14th! You had been crankier than normal, and while changing your diaper I sneaked a peak at your gums. You've also been getting your "vampire" teeth, and I honestly was just looking to see how far those were in and TAH-DAH! I got a huge surprise when I noticed a white front tooth poking through. I can definitely see the chip, and hopefully Dr. M can with bond a piece to it or file it down so it is not so jagged, but either way, I'm soooo glad your sweet baby tooth is still there!
So please, BE CAREFUL! You are the clumsiest little thing...bless your heart. You get it honest.

No comments:
Post a Comment