Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Fun Filled Week!

It is so funny how a seemingly uneventful a week can turn into a circus in no time! However, I am not complaining! Landon and I love to have an agenda of things to do everyday...making lasting memories in the process!

I wasn't sure that Landon would be back to normal this week, so I hadn't really planned anything. I thought that if he was still feeling sluggish from his surgery we would just hang out around the house. Other than still being a little clingy, it was like he woke up on Sunday morning his same old self! He was running through the house, playing trucks, demanding to watch Mater on Cars, and tormenting the dog. Poor Ava! So I decided that since he was active again we would start filling up our weekly calendar! 


All week long I had been trying to show Landon how to hunt Easter eggs. Why you ask? Well because he was going to have his very first Easter Egg Hunt!! Last year he wasn't walking at Easter time so we had to pass up the hunt, but this year he was more than ready! So on Thursday my MOPS group (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) hosted an egg hunt at Wilson Park downtown. *Side note: If you are a new mom with not a lot of "Mommy" friends, this is a GREAT way to meet people!!* We made resurection bread at the church and then while it was baking we took off across the street to hunt. Landon was soo good at it! I was his cheerleader! He could spot an egg from far away...I think it was because they are similar to the shape of a ball, and he LOVES basketballs, footballs, etc. He had lots of fun and was so cute running after the eggs. See...


{Look Mommy! I found one!}

{Landon (in the middle) sharing an egg with a buddy}

{MMMM, eggscelent surprise!!}

This past week Landon's cousin, Elyssa, was in town on her spring break. About 7 months ago she moved to Louisiana with her Mom and we were so lucky to be able to spend some time with her when she came back to Florence to see her Dad! I didn't really know how Landon would react around her, especially since she is 10 years old and he is only 20 months, but I thought it would be interesting none the less. Well, Landon ABSOLUTELY loved her! He isn't good at pronouncing his S's yet, so he called her "Lih Luh." If she was not in his site at all times, he would start hollaring for her. It was so cute to watch! He loves her so much, and I know the feeling is mutual! One evening before Elyssa moved away Landon & I took her to Karate class. While we were there she told all of her friends that Landon was "like my little brother...I mean, we look just like each other."  haha! She carries all 35 pounds of him around, too! Since Elyssa only had 1 day to spend with us, I wanted it to be fun for both of the kiddo's. Elyssa LOVES animals, and Landon LOVES tractors - so what better than to take them to the Tractor Supply Store where they have baby chicks and baby ducks. I literally had to force Elyssa & Landon to leave! This was Landon's 1st time to ever pet a chicken or a duck....and he was surprisingly gentle!

{Say CHEESE!}

{Petting the ducky}

After we left the Tractor Supply Store we headed back to Florence and made a special trip to the park. IT WAS PACKED! Kids were everywhere! I will never go there after 3 p.m. again, but Landon & Elyssa had a good time. I think we wore Landon out because he slept really good that night!

{Riding the horsey}

{Sliding with Mommy}

{Playing with Elyssa}

Later that evening Josh & I had some friends, Jessica, Adam, & their sweet 3 1/2 month old baby girl, Maggie Claire (whom Landon affectionately refers to as Maggie Dare) over for dinner. It was great catching up with them, especially since Adam just returned home from Iraq! I had only met him once before, which was during the short period of time that he was able to come back to the U.S. for Maggie Claire's arrival, so I personally enjoyed getting to know him. Unfortunatly for us, Jessica & Adam have moved to Mississippi so we can't socialize as much as we did during the Bachelor - but we'll be sure to make the drive to see them! I mean, Landon HAS to see his girlfriend :)

{"Hi MC, nice to meet you!"}

{"Mommy, can I hold her?}

{Yay for Maggie Claire!}

No comments: