Oh yeah! I think we might be on to something here folks!! I know that Landon is only 20 months old...well actually he will be 21 months old on Easter...and you usually don't start potty training until age 2, but I think Landon is starting to figure things out!! Now, I have been told by many Mom's of little boys that it is much harder to train a boy than it is a girl, and by no means do I expect Landon to start using the potty next week or even in the next few months for that matter - heck, I haven't even bought one yet - but here are a few things that he has started doing that makes me think that he is pondering the idea :)
1. Landon ADORES the potty dance commercial! (If you've never seen it, click here.) Whenever it comes on TV, even if we are not really watching TV (it's on a lot for background noise) we must stop EVERYTHING! He will stand there in amazement and start dancing with "Ralph" (oh yes, I've seen it enough to know the guys name that sings the song...sad!). Of course his coordination with the moves isn't the best, but he knows what he's doing! My little guy can shake that tushy! ha-ha! See...
Potty Dance from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.
(This is not the best dance, but it's all I could get. SOMEONE didn't take a nap today. Ugh)
2. Whenever he is going pee-pee, he will tell me....literally. He goes, "MOMMA! PEE-PEE!" It doesn't matter where we are! He's not just saying it to be saying it, either. I thought for a while he just liked the word, but I asked him one day, "Landon, are you going pee-pee in your diaper?" His response, "Uh Huh!!" So I felt of the outside of his diaper and it was warm! Wow! He wasn't kidding!
Now, it doesn't work the same way with #2. He knows when this is going to happen, but THANKFULLY he doesn't announce, "MOMMA! POOPIE!" He just hunkers down in a squat in the corner and turns red. Hahaha...sorry Landon, one day you will murder me for this!
I guess I need to go ahead a buy a potty for him. That was going to be one of the many presents for his birthday, but oh well. Maybe we will have to make a special trip to the bookstore and buy a story about going potty, too! He loves books!
I always said that I didn't want to be nursing one baby while changing another ones diaper...so if Landon wants a little brother or sister in the future, we've got to get him potty trained! I don't think it will be that difficult (I will probably eat those words later) but Landon is easily convinced with M&M's and gummy bears...so there you go, there is my bribe material!
No comments:
Post a Comment