Well I must first say that Landon and I CAN NOT wait any longer for spring to get here! This past weekend was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Any other Mom out there would probably agree that being able to get out of the house, even if it is just to escort your little cutie to the mailbox to see the mailman, is so worth it! Since the weather was so pretty, my husband and I agreed that we should make Saturday extra special for Landon and take him to do one of his most favorite activities: ride the tractors out at Great Granddaddy Newbern's land. Landon LOVED it! He couldn't stop smiling. Josh even let him drive! Yes, it scared me to death...but the blades were not on and it was on 'turtle' mode so it was going slow. Of course it was all he talked about on Sunday, so we took him back :) Here are some pictures:
Landon has a pretty rigorous schedule during the day. Most people snarl at me when I say, "Sorry, that wont work for us because Landon has to do _____(nap, eat, bath, etc.) at that time" but I have quickly come to the realization that he is not their child, he is mine, and they don't have to be with him 24 hrs. a day, I do! So, in order for my husband and I to maintain our sanity (and get in a little bit of us time) we started Landon on a routine around 2 months of age. For us personally, I think it is great. We never have to play the guessing game of "Is he hungry? Sleepy? What does he want?" and I think it makes him a MUCH happier baby/big boy because he knows what to expect. Of course from time to time, we have to change up naps, lunch, etc. for certain events and road trips that come up, but most of the time we do the same "stuff" everyday. Though I love being at home with him, I do need a change of scenery sometimes, so when spring and summer roll around, we just do a lot of playing outside and at the park! Speaking of which, this past Monday Landon and I met some friends at the park and took a nice, long walk. We walked so much that by the end of the day our stroller had clocked 3.1 miles! I was going to let him play on the playground because he loves the slides, but it was just too crowded with big kids. I didn't want him to get hurt (and if you've ever read this blog before, you know ALL about his boo-boo's!) Here are a few pictures of our day at the park:
I know that every Mother thinks that they have the most beautiful child around, but there is truly something inspiring about a Mother's love. Take for instance today: Landon and I went out to pick up some lunch (I just couldn't handle another Lean Cuisine...ugh) and so while we were out, we decided to whip in the drive thru where my husband works so Landon could see his Daddy. The entire time Landon was blowing kisses, saying "I Love You!" smiling, and waving. He was really putting on a show! To watch him do these adorable things just melts my heart! I don't just love him, I am in love with him! Through the good days and the oh so bad days, even when we are both sitting in the bean bag crying! haha! As I say all too often, I could just eat him up! I love watching what a caring little person he is becoming. Today he accidentally popped me in the face while motioning for Ava (our dog) to get off of the couch. He hit me in the braces and it really hurt. I didn't get on to him because duh, it was an accident, but I did make him sit down on the bean bag while I composed myself. He felt so bad. He did the pout (where he sticks out him bottom lip and whimpers) and then once I sat back down beside him he got up, walked in front of me and gave me this HUGE hug and a kiss. As if to say, "I'm sorry Mommy!" Adorable! Josh & I are so incredibly blessed!!
Here are a few more pictures...as I am sure you may already know, I have a really close relationship with my camera :) We're BFF! (It drives my husband nuts!) I love to take pictures of my handsome subject, Landon! Until next time! -Lisa


No comments:
Post a Comment