Friday, February 26, 2010

Lots of Chatter!

So as you can probably tell by now (that is if you have your volume up) Landon and I have added some music to this blog. It is on the lower right hand side of the page and if you do not like our song selections, there is a stop button. However, Landon and I do love our music! For a good hour or more every day we crank up the radio or a music channel on TV and have a 'jam session.' It is so funny to watch him dance to music. So much so that I really want to buy that new dancing game for Wii. I think Landon and I would be a hoot! ha ha! I should try and catch him dancing on video...I will work on that!

Speaking of video, this week I have been able to catch some funny Landon moments. He is at that age of wanting to copy EVERYTHING you say, do, etc. Well, whenever something is REALLY funny I let out a LOUD laugh which kind of has a weez to it. OK, that sounds weird reading it back. It's hard to explain I guess...so I have posted his cute little video of him "copying" me. He gets a kick out of it.

Silly Boy! from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.


Something else I was able to catch on video (FINALLY) was Landon reciting his words to me! Of course I totally had to bribe him. He was desperately wanting a mini M&M after lunch (that's his special little treat) so I said, "Landon, I will give you an M&M, but will do you Mommy a favor?" His cute little response was "uh huh!" Ha! Gotcha! So I ran and grabbed my camera and this is what I got...

Who you talkin' to? from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.


Of course I went blank and LC had to have a "nim nim" so I tried to get a little more out of him :)

More Chatter! from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.


Some of them, had I not said ahead of time, would need a translator to comprehend. For instance, most people think he is saying cracker when he is really saying tractor. See, my child has this obsession with farm equipment. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would know the difference between a bulldozer, backhoe loader, skid steer, digger, and a combine. Not to mention that I know every brand of farm equipment! Oh yes, Landon has definitely educated me!

Landon is also really in to Mater. You know Mater - as in Tow Mater - from the movie Cars. People have no clue what he is taking when he runs up to them saying "Mater! Mater!" Landon thinks Mater is pretty cool! Something else you may have noticed is that when I asked Landon to say "Richard" and "Ashley" (those are the names of his Godparents) he said "Lulu" and "Ladlo" instead. As for Ben, Landon's Uncle, Landon only calls him "B" and our sweet neighbor, Bonnie, Landon calls her "Bon-Bon." For some reason, he has decided that that will be their names. It is not up for discussion as far as he is concerned. He is so funny coming up with nick-names for people and things! Who knows what the little stinker will come up with next! Here are some snap-shots from our activities this past week.

Taking a spin in "B's" Smart Car


Taking a walk in Mommy's shoes :)


"Hi! I'm just playing." :)

3 comments:

Joshua N. said...

He is so smart. He know like 50 words and know the meaning of many more. Maybe he can help me with my homework :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I love his words! I had no idea he knew that many! Soo cute!!!

Jessica said...

Ok, next on the "to learn" list - Jessica! haha. Then Maggie Claire, then girlfriend!!! lol. Love that sweet boy!!!