Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Landon's New Obsession


Chuggington! What? You've never heard of Chuggington? Well neither had I until this past week, but it has become one of Landon's favorite cartoons! It comes on the Disney Playhouse every morning from 9:30-10, and Landon actually sits and watches this cartoon with me...which is very rare! Here is a video of Landon watching some of a Chuggington cartoon before I put him to bed. I was showing Josh, since he had never heard of it, and Landon got in the zone!

Choo-Choo! from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.


As you can see, when I asked him what does Chuggington say, his response was "Toot Toot!" He even has the hand motions down!! :) Other than Chuggington, the only other TV that Landon will watch are his Baby Einstein/Little Einstein DVD's (and he only watches those in the car) that teach him sign language - which might I add he's getting really good at! Josh and I actually had to watch the DVD so we knew just what all he was saying/signing. The main signs that he can do are: Puzzle, Book, Light, Swing, and Table. He does knows other ones, but he kind of adds his own variation to them :)

Oh! I almost forgot! He does like another TV show, but it is not a cartoon. Landon has a thing for the Ellen show! Yay! Finally!! I watch this, (actually, it's more like background noise b/c Landon doesn't let me watch much TV) but not until Tuesday did he show any interest. It's only because Ali from the Bachelor was going to be on, so I made Landon let me watch it. I think he likes it because she dances :) He busts a move right along with her. He calls her "Elly" instead of Ellen. I think it's kinda cute!

A little recap from my last post: Landon is still clumsy! He fell once today. He was throwing Ava's ball and kind of fell forward with the ball. He must have had a little too much power in his throw! So, being paranoid as I am and not wanting him to hurt himself, I have been doing a lot of carrying this week, and my back is almost worn out! Landon loves piggy-back rides :) See! (Excuse the PJ's...if I'm at home, I want to be comfy!)

No comments: