
Today feels like the longest day. Ever. I guess I shall start with my first word in the title of this blog, anger. My anger began bright and early at 6:30 a.m. today. Our stupid little dog, Ava, started barking for no reason. Now normally this would be not such a big deal, but it woke up the baby, so now it's a HUGE deal. Especially since Landon has started sleeping until 8:30. Yes, that is 2 hours of delightful sleep I had to give up for that little pip-squeak of a dog! UGH! For those of you that don't know me all too well, I do not do well without my sleep. I sometimes look back at the first few weeks after we brought Landon home, when I really wasn't getting any sleep, and think to myself, "how in the world did I survive?"

Of course, with an extra 2 hours in my day now, that is just another 2 hours worth of hunger...which brings me to my next word, anorexia. This is what I feel as if I have been dealing with for a month now. My sweet husband decided to lose weight, and to be honest, I totally need to, too! I mean, Landon IS 19 months old and I am still carrying around 12 or so pounds of baby weight! I know it's time, but heck, I'm thinking about maybe having another baby within the next year. I really don't want to go through all of this hard work, and then BAM! Preggo. Gotta do it all over again! I love food. I really really do. For heaven's sake people, I taught Creative Foods!! I enjoy cooking, and I don't mean by the box, I mean from scratch with REAL butter. I love some good ole' southern sweet tea. Oh, and I can't forget pasta - my little slice of heaven. Unfortunately though, I have not been able to indulge in these items as much as I would have liked lately. AND, I have been walking/jogging 1.5-2 miles on the treadmill. It's amazing when you see how many minutes it takes to burn 200 calories, you look at what you're eating in a whole new way! No chocolate covered pretzels for me - that's not worth the time on the treadmill! I'm sure come summer it will be easier. Landon and I will be outside all of the time, and I have already had 2 people tell me in the last week that they will be my Diebert buddies. So...I probably wont lose 22 pounds in 40 days like my husband, but it's all good!
Now, on to my anxiety issue. I hate my phone. However, I do not like changing phones. It takes me too long to figure out how to get everything just like I like it, and then it's time to get a new one. I have come to the conclusion though that it is time to get a new one. But which one?? Why are there so many choices? Really, I could care less about the Internet on my phone. I want to be able to talk clearly, text quickly, and the battery to last. Oh, and if it could be Landon proof - that'd be great! Hopefully I don't have to spend much time in Verizon tomorrow. I hate that place. Too many salespeople in such a small room. Yuck.
Well folks, this ridiculously long day is apparently going to also be a long night. As I sit here blogging, my sweet Landon is screaming in his bed. He doesn't want to sleep I guess? Maybe he has an ear infection? Going through some separation anxiety? Ugh...looks like I'm gonna go get cozy in his glider. Night-night!
1 comment:
Luckily for your sweet husband finally got Landon to sleep and in his own bed at a peaceful 11:05pm. And to my suprise also he slept all night and didn't wake till 7:45am. I Love You Lisa and our sweet little boy!
Post a Comment