Monday, February 8, 2010

Yay for a Snow Day!

Today Landon & I awoke to a beautiful white blanket of snow covering our front yard. I must admit that I had to blink a few times to make sure it was really what I was seeing. I couldn't believe it! Funny how we can put a man on the moon but mother nature still seems to have one up on the weatherman! Ha! Well, my husband was out on the treadmill, so Landon and I rushed out to see him - thinking he had not seen the snow yet. Well, we were wrong. I mean, I don't know what I was thinking. He had to walk outside to get to the detached garage where our treadmill is. Oh well - I guess I was just overcome with excitement. You see, last time it snowed Landon had double ear infections and even though I really wanted him to go out and play in it, I knew I would have this big "BAD MOMMY" stamp across my forehead had I let him. So, we sat at the window for 2 days. I suppose I felt like today was our big chance to do it up big! :) So, Landon and I went inside to get dressed. He hasn't had a snow suit since he was a wee little guy, so I put 3 shirts on him, a pair of thick blue jeans, and fleece socks, along with his hiking boots...ya know, just in case he got cold. Not to mention that he also had on a coat, Monkey hat, and mittens. I didn't think the mittens and hat would last, and I was right! Good thing I put on the 3 shirts :) We played for about 30-40 minutes and then he didn't want to cooperate, so we had to go back in. I was freezing, so I know he had to be. We got out of our wet clothes and into some sweats...then back out we went. This time he cooperated and wore his hat and coat. We built 3 snowmen (well, 1 snowman, 1 snowlady, and 1 snowbaby :) threw snowballs at each other, and chased the dog. I even made a snow angel! It was lots of fun - I felt like a kid again! And to top it all off, we even made some snow cream which Landon and Josh LOVED! Of course everywhere I go, my camera goes with me, so I took lots of pictures and videos. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the blog Lisa!!! I could totally eat Landon up by the way...such a cutie! Can't wait to read more - keep it up! :)