Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Here a boo, There a boo, Everywhere a boo-boo!
Well, it's official - the clumsiness doesn't fall far from the tree! Josh & I have come to the conclusion that Landon has definitely inherited my accident-proneness. Within the last 3 days he has had 5 semi-big boo-boo's. It all began on Valentine's Day. He was running around the house, like little boys do, and he tripped on these foam/rubbery mats that fit together like puzzle pieces (he likes to drive his trucks on them). From there, he fell onto his big Tonka Truck and hit his cheek bone. Ouch! It looks like someone clobbered him! Thankfully it didn't swell and knot up, but his little cheek is about 4 different colors. I know it hurts because when I'm rocking him for nap he whimpers if he forgets and lies on that side. :( Poor baby! Then yesterday morning Landon was playing with Ava, our Yorkie, and she bit him. It was completely an accident. He was waving her bone around and when she tried to get it from him, her little tooth punctured his finger...but of course he cried, and it bled. From there I was sure that was the last of it, but no. Later in the day he hurt his ankle, and he also fell out of a chair while trying to get down - which he does with no trouble 10+ times a day! Then, this morning while he was running from me (when he's doing something he knows he shouldn't be doing, he runs and hides...so don't tell me he's too young to realize right from wrong!) he tripped over his John Deere tractor that he left in the middle of the floor, stubbed his toe and did a belly flop on the ground. To top it all off, the sweet little guy has a big red pimple on his cheek - the one without the bruise! Bless him! He just can't win for loosing this week. I know this is all normal, he's just at that age, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. Plus, once he has a boo-boo, he WONT let you touch it without a fight. He hates his Nemo ice patch. He won't leave a BandAid on. At least with the Ava bite he let me clean it out with peroxide and water! He's one tough little guy, but when he is hurt he still melts into a Mommy's boy! I would love to say that now he's refreshed from his nap, maybe we wont have anymore boo-boo's, but that would be jinxing myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Little Guy! I hope he feels better very soon!!
Post a Comment