So let me rewind our week for you. On Monday Landon started getting a stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough. I thought it was just a harmless sinus infection because his Daddy had one too, and since we had some cough syrup here, I just started treating it myself. Then, yesterday (Thursday) he started tugging on his right ear. Ugh. Here we go. That is a tale tale sign that Landon has an ear infection. Of course it did cross my mind that it could also be the 2 year old molars he's cutting, but with the sinuses and cough, I knew it was probably his ears. (Once you've raised a child, you should get an honorary MD - just saying) Although I should have taken Landon straight to the doctor yesterday, I couldn't because I was too busy at home taking care of my husband, who at 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning woke me up in immense pain with kidney stones. This is not his first rodeo with these darn things, either! There isn't a lot you can do for someone that has kidney stones except comfort them and hope that they pass quickly. Just as an FYI - they say that kidney stones are the closest a man will ever come to giving birth. So yeah, OUCH! Finally my stubborn husband decided around 6:00 a.m. that he would give in and go to the ER after throwing up and lying in the fetal position for 2.5 hours. I called my in-laws to come watch Landon, since my sweet boy was still asleep at that point, and to the hospital we went. Thankfully they gave Josh an IV (b/c he was dehydrated and his temp was hypothermia level 95.2) and some good pain meds that knocked him out. The doctor, whom I must add should win an academy award for his thrilling personality (said in a VERY sarcastic voice), said that the CT scan showed kidney stones...UHM...DUH! He said it was 3mm in size, and the largest you can pass is a 5mm. So needless to say we went home, I put Josh to bed, and I just took care of my boys all day.
Josh had decided to try and go back to work today so I knew it was necessary that I take Landon to the doctor and get him meds for his ears. Dr. Melvin, Landon's Pediatrician, wasn't available so we saw one of the nurse practitioners instead, Clarissa. SHE WAS WONDERFUL! The first thing Landon did was give her a big kiss. It was instant karma between the two of them. After checking him over she told us that yes, he did have an ear infection, but even better, he had 2! Nothing like a double ear infection to make your day. :-/ Since this is Landon's 7th ear infection in a 1 year span, he is getting tubes. We had hoped to wait until he's two, but this is just too much! So, Clarissa made us a referral to Dr. Long - so keep checking back! We should hear from him next week.
Anyways, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and think, "Really? What next?" I guess I should have knocked on wood quick, fast, and in a hurry because no sooner than we get to the Pharmacy, Landon goes running across the floor and BAM!!!! Falls right into the display.(Josh's parents own the pharmacy, so he kind of rules the roost there!) HUGE boo-boo on his forehead - see pic below. It scared me to death. Seriously, I have been nauseous ever since. I know if you're reading this and you don't really know me, you must be thinking, "Geez! You should be watching your child." Well - I DO! I feel as if I am such a hover-mother! But like my father-in-law reminds me daily, Landon is just at that age - so other Moms out there - go out and buy an industrial roll of bubble wrap! You're gonna need it once they hit 18months+. One good thing though - Clarissa said that the ear infections are what is causing him to be so stinkin' clumsy! So, fix the ears, fix the boo-boos!! There is still hope! :)
So, as I said earlier, tomorrow is Saturday - the final day in this long, long week, but thankfully we have plans. We are having Richard & Ashley withdrawals so we are driving to Tennessee to see our friends. What does that mean? The majority of Landon's day he will be sitting in a car seat watching Baby Einstein...so hopefully we'll keep the boo-boo's to a minimum! Haha! How in the world I haven't gotten deathly ill through all of this I will never know! Apparently God is watching out for Super Momma ;)
Landon's Newest Boo-Boo (over his right eye)
Landon's 1st Boo-Boo of the week - bruise on his cheek. This one has pretty much cleared up!
No comments:
Post a Comment