Sunday, February 7, 2010

A sad day for the Newbern's...


Well, yesterday was a very long and sad day for our family. Josh's grandmother, affectionately known as "Mawmaw," was laid to rest. She had previously been on dialysis and had voluntarily decided to forgo her treatments; therefore we knew it would only be a matter of time before she left us. She was such a wonderful woman and my husband care so deeply for her. I personally do not do well with death. I don't know how to react since my father passed away when I was only 10. I guess you could say I was "scared for life." I seem to go numb to everything (maybe it's my defense mechanism?) but when my sweet little Landon looked into the coffin and said "Mawmaw!" I lost it. That was tough. The day that she passed away I was changing LC's diaper and he blurted out "Mawmaw!" (He frequently goes through role call during diaper changes…) I tried my best to explain to a 19 month old that she had gone to live with Jesus in Heaven, and his response was "Bible?" It's amazing how kids can make connections between things so young. I mean, we read his little Bible at home, but I just assumed he was too young to understand it all. Anyways, we all know that Mawmaw is in a better place, she is not suffering anymore and she is now our guardian angel.

No comments: