Sunday, February 27, 2011

Buckle your seatbelt! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Holy. Smoke. Seriously, I never would have imagined that my life could have turned into such a roller coaster. And not the fun kind that I used to enjoy riding at Oprayland or Six Flags, but the old wooden, bumpy kind that seems to jerk you every direction, up, down, in circles...you know, the "make you wanna throw up" kind. Geez....

So, an update on life...in list form.

1) At the end of January my Mother moved in with us...not by choice, but rather as a default. I tried to get her into a nursing home but she didn't qualify for medicaid, and doesn't have enough income to be private pay. It's just a sad situation. She essentially has no where else to go...and if you've read my blog in the past then you know she's 83, has Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, Gastroperisus (her stomach doesn't digest without meds...which a side effect of her meds is that it gives her tremors), serious Anxiety issues (like, she has panic attacks at least twice a week), and now, to add the cherry on top, she had her colon removed in December and now has an eliostomy bag. I wont go into all of that, but I will say that she, of course due to her other health issues, can't care for the bag herself, so I must do it. Ugh... I am hoping this is only temporary until we get her in to an Alzheimer's certified assisted living, but who knows how long that will take since there is only 1 in this area...and there's a waiting list to get in. *Still hoping something happens before June...heck, even before May! I would like a little bit of a break before baby girl gets here.

2) We sold our house. WooHoo! Then, things got crazy and we thought it might all fall apart. Boo... Now, the wheels are turning again, but the closing date is being pushed back to March 7th at the earliest...yet it's looking more like March 14th per her mortgage lender... because the new owner want to try and get a different loan with a lower rate...which means, even though all of our paperwork on our new house is good to go as of 2/23/11, we have to apply for an extension, which in the long run will end up costing us more money. Double Boo. I have, for the moment, stopped packing. I will be royally pissed if I get this house packed up and then BAM - out of no where, the girl backs out...because even though it's "sold" it's not REALLY sold until you close and hand over the keys! And I don't want to live out of boxes for the next 6+ months until someone else comes along and buys it...ya know?

3) We are always sick. What's up with that? We get over one illness, and another comes knocking on the door. Landon currently has an Upper Respiratory Infection, courtesy of my Mom who gave it to him earlier in the week. They're both on meds, but they are also coughing all night long - one at either end of the hallway - so no one is getting any sleep around here. Maybe that's why the irritable ranting post? Possibly...   Also, when we took L to the doctor to get him check out, the doc said he has lost one of his tubes :( They warned us that they usually only last about a year, but I am praying that we dont have any more sickness (after we get over this crud) so we dont run the chance of an ear infection! If that happens, we get tubes AGAIN! blah.

4) I am fat. Yes, I said it. I feel ginormous. I am 26 weeks pregnant and feel like a darn blimp. I relished in some maternity retail therapy the other day to make me feel better, but that too has worn off. Doc said at my appointment last week that everything looks good, and that most all of my weight is in my belly area, so it, once again, is just a big baby, but dang. It's hard to function when you have a basketball permanently attached to your front side! Goodness, this is another post in itself!...so this is to be continued! :) And just to prove my point, I will be showing pictures of the giant belly.

5) I'm hungry. I want cheese and crackers and a big glass of H20...

LATER!

1 comment:

The Gists said...

I love number 4 and 5! That is exactly how I feel today. When I got up this morning I just feel like my belly is tight and it hasn't been feeling like this. I feel like I just look fat and not pregnant :(. Maybe I need to wear tighter clothes lol.
You are looking great, and your dr. is right it is just your belly :) that sweet little princess needs her space!