Saturday, February 5, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered! It's Ours!....Almost!


Well, it's official! After about 5 months on the market, we have SOLD our house! The buyer signed the papers earlier in the week, and we could not be more thrilled!!....also anxious, nervous, exhausted (just from thinking about moving), and a little scared would fit well here too! Yes, we have been wanting to sell our house because we are quickly running out of space in our little 3 bedroom house, but lets remember, I am 22 weeks pregnant, have a 2.5 year old, currently have my 83 year old mother living with us (which is hopefully only temporary...please pray she gets into assisted living before June!), 2 dogs, and the list goes on and on, not to mention the fact that I am one of those kinds of people that see's a house and says to myself, "ohhh, this one has great potential!" I can envision what it will look like AFTER all of the repairs, updates, etc. and at least that way I can personalize it! It's safe to say our new house will be a "fixer-upper", but it's in a great location and the floor plan really works for us. Landon will finally have a playroom all to himself! WOOHOO! I  H.A.T.E. the kitchen...

yuck...in desperate need of a remodel! As in gut and start over!
 ...but I can live with it for a little while! When we moved in to this house 8 years ago in April (that is un-real to think Josh bought it that long ago...seems like yesterday!) it was a "fixer-upper" too, so we know just what we're getting in to...just wish I could do most of it myself instead of hiring it done! I really don't want to pay someone else to something I could do - and save some $$! But, you can't exactly scrape ceilings and prime & paint walls when there is a little person inside of you!

Josh & I have had a pretty rough time the last few months, with everything from tearing up my ankle to pneumonia, the stomach virus, almost losing my Mom during an emergency surgery, and then having to take her in and care for her in our little house, so even though moving seems like a huge, daunting task, I know we can do it! The purchaser is giving us 6 days to move, and we have apparently lost our minds and chosen to not hire someone to move us to try and save money to "fix-her-up," so that in itself will be a task!

It seems like every time we would turn around it was "something else" so I am happy to say that things are looking up. We have a LONG road ahead of us with this new house (it needs a new roof, new heat downstairs, we're going to build a garage, new paint, scrape ceilings, remodel kitchen, and add on a master bath & walk-in closet upstairs...yikes) and I am sure along the way we will run in to some troubling issues, but I know we can handle it! And just like my precious husband said, we plan to live in this house for a LONG time, raise our family there, and grow old there, so it will all work itself out! I just hope we get good neighbors!...that don't leave their Christmas lights up for 4 years like these yahoo's next to us! :) And if anyone was wondering what we want for our birthdays and Christmas for the next, oh, 10 years, Lowe's and Home Depot gift cards, please! :)

Over the course of our move, I will be doing some blog posts on how everything is going. And of course, before and after pictures! When we told Landon that we were moving he goes, "Oh! I get a fireplace at the new house!" Bless his little heart! He is so excited that Santa will now have an appropriate entrance ;) Well, that and he is also excited about his new John Deere big boy room!

2 comments:

jessica said...

glad yall got the house sold! when will yall be in the new one? :/ pregnant packing sucks! haha and hopefully landon will do better than clark(who thought for a while that we were getting rid of his toys...and cried. and said he liked this house.)

Lisa N. said...

As of right now, if no issues arise with the girl that bought our house, we should close on March 1st! Landon likes packing so far! I am only packing little things that we can live with out though...just in case! And I put his toys in a huge 40 gallon rubbermaid tote so he can still get into them in necessary! How are things coming with your house??