Green duck dress that, even though you can't see it, has a matching bonnet and bloomers. Strawberry Robeez, a pink bow, and a precious smocked Tulip dress for baby girl.
Close up of the smocked rubber duckey
Two weeks after shopping at the Purple Monkey boutique, I had to start getting ready for Wee Swap! This year was my first year to consign, and it was more work than I realized! I try to be super organized when it comes to this stuff, and I had a really good assembly line going, so the process wasn't as difficult as it could have been, but all of that hanging, and pining, and sorting, OH MY! I ended up consigning about 63 items, so let's hope they sell!! If so, I will make well more than what I spent! Since I consigned I was able to go in before the public. I arranged for my mother-in-law to come keep my sweet boy a whole hour before the consignment even opened, and there was already a line started when I got there! This is serious stuff, people! haha!
This year I was smart, bringing my clothes basket with me instead of trying to hold all of those darn clothes. It was hard enough toting them around (clothes get heavy after a while!) without being pregnant, so I knew this year I needed a better plan of attack! ha! The thing about Wee Swap...and most all consignments...is that there are always plenty of selections for babies 0-24 months, but after that, it's slim pickin's, so that's why I wanted to get there early. Plus, once you get to the big sizes like Landon has to wear (he's already into a 4T separates, and 5T jon-jons...which by the way only Strasburg Children's or Etsy carries!) all of the cute stuff is hard to come by, because your typical 4 and 5 year old little boy doesn't want to look like a baby anymore, but rather a big boy...I am just not ready for big boy clothes on Sunday yet!! No suit and tie for Landon, he must have cute, appliqued things!
So, they opened the doors promptly at 5:30 and I headed straight to Landon's section. Most people said to me pre-wee, "Oh, you're gonna get lots of things for baby girl!" but actually, I wasn't even thinking about her! I figured I would shop for Landon first, and then see what was left for baby girl. Plus, the infant sizes are much less expensive than Landon's sizes to purchase brand new, so I wasn't too upset when I found 13 outfits for Landon, but not a single thing for baby! I actually had intentions to buy this baby a nice swing, since Landon hated his and we didn't keep it. I am hoping she will like to swing, but I still don't want to pay $150 dollars for one...just in case she takes after her brother. All of the nice ones were already taken...of course...so we may just borrow a friends to see if baby likes to swing, and then if she does we will buy her a new one will all of the money I saved from getting such good deals on Landon's clothes :) To say the least my hubby was very proud of me! 13 outfits for $90, yes please!!! And they were all great brands! Petit Ami, Kelly's Kids, Strasburg Children's, Bailey Brothers, and 2 little play outfits from Gymboree! Yay!
All of the shirts have matching shorts under them,
which is hard to see in the picture!
Yes, that is a Luigi costume! haha! I couldn't resist...it was only $5!
*Including the Luigi costume, only 12 outfits are shown.
I am having 1 made by a vendor, so I wont have it
for 2-3 weeks! It's gonna be super cute for Easter! :)
1 comment:
Sweet and very cute baby girl clothes. And those for Landon great. I know he will love them. You did good girl..
Love you.
Post a Comment