When Richard & Ashley called us in August of 2010 to tell us that they were expecting, rather than saying, "Yay! Congrats! So happy for you!" the first thing out of my mouth was, "YES! I want to give you a baby shower!"...and then the congratulations followed :) From day one of her pregnancy Landon just knew it was a baby girl. In fact, when we told him that Aunt Ashley had a baby in tummy, he started running all over the house yelling, "GIRL! GIRL! GIRL!" I think my son might have a little ESP! He's currently 2 for 2 on baby gender!
So, back to the baby shower. Since we don't live in the same town, I was a little lost on where to have the shower. Luckily two of Ashley's friends offered to help host, one of which lives in the same town, so we quickly settled on a location, date, and time. Since Ashley had chosen her nursery theme to be purple and brown stripes/dots, we continued her nursery theme into her shower! Thanks, Jess!!
Lydia's Nursery
Landon found a friend at the shower to play with!
Canvas for Lydia's Room
"every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17
The big day was upon us and baby Lydia really got some goodies! Though Ash tells me on a weekly basis just how unprepared she feels, I have no doubt that with all of the wonderful things she received at her shower Lydia will be set! Don't worry Ashley, once Lydia is here it all falls into place!! And don't forget, I am only an hour away...so call on me anytime :) :) :)
One happy Momma before her shower began.
Guests starting to arrive...
Lydia's new bow holder that Michelle made.
Lydia's first Tutu...courtesy of Lisa & baby girl Newbern :)
3, soon to be 4, generations!
Ashley and the 3 hostesses...& yes, we are ALL 4 pregnant!
Michelle, Ashley, Lisa, & Sara
"It's a Girl" grape lollipops and purple M&M favors!
We couldn't be happier for Richard & Ashley. Baby Lydia is going to be one spoiled little girl with the best parents a kid could ask for!

3 comments:
very very cute!!! Yay baby showers! (and sprinkles!)
So cute! I love the purple.
Lydia is going to love her Aunt Lisa! You are the best!
Post a Comment