Monday, March 7, 2011

Belated 25 Weeks Appointment

On Thursday, February 24th (yeah, I am a little behind...) I had a great checkup with Dr. A! She looked over everything and said that both baby and I are perfectly healthy, which is just what I wanted to hear! For some reason, this pregnancy makes me worry more...maybe it's because we have a TON of stuff on our plate - or because it's so different from my 1st pregnancy. Either way, I worry!  Baby girls heartbeat was 138 - which (duh) worried me at first because Landon's was ALWAYS in the 160's, but Doc said that was a good baseline heartbeat, but she's a sleeper! She only really moves around at night from about 7pm until 10 pm, and then right after breakfast. If I get worried during the day because I haven't felt her, I just drink a little Dr. Pepper and she lets me know all is well with a nice, swift kick to the belly button! :)

Though I feel as if I look like I am carrying this baby high, Dr. A said I am carrying her very low...and then made an odd remark about my body being a stretched rubberband that doesn't have as much elasticity the second time around... :( I think I just took it personally because of the whole "I feel fat" issue lately, but she said that with how they have to find the heartbeat (she's always well below my belly button each time) and also where I am feeling the kicks, that this baby is low and she's just pushed my organs up and to the right, so I still appear to be full and round! Like a bowl full of jelly! haha!

Something else new with this pregnancy, stretch marks. Boo. I only had teeny tiny stretch marks on my hips with Landon, but I took a look in the mirror the other day as I was getting ready (aka - lathering up my belly) and noticed a few little light marks around my belly button. I just hope that once my belly goes down you wont be able to see them, because I still want to eventually get back in shape and in to a bikini...maybe by summer 2012? hahahaha, funny.  As far as weight gain goes, I have gained 16 pounds, though it looks like 50. I guess that's why doc isn't worried, because by this time with Landon I was gettin' on up there! ha! I still have about 13 weeks left if this baby comes on her own like Landon did, and I know, I know, I will put on the majority of my weight during that last month. I am guessing this one will top out at 40 pounds? Wishful thinking maybe? :) Anything is better than the 58 with Landon! :)

Here are a few shots of my belly at 24 weeks. Please excuse them - my husband is not the best at taking pictures :-/ And I am certainly not a flattering subject!...especially in my PJ's!

 



Also, here are a few pictures from the last weekend. I was 26 weeks in these pictures...and sadly I am the same size as one of my best friends, Ashley, who is due in 3 weeks!


And one of our husbands, making fun of us...


Next appointment is toward the end of March and then I will start going twice a month from there! I can't  believe I am already that close!  My exciting thing to look forward to at my next appointment.....the wonderful glucose test :( I had the orange flavor with Landon...I might try a new flavor this time. Tropical punch, anyone?! :)

3 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Lisa, you look great! That sweet baby will be here before you know it!! :)

jess melvin said...

lemon-lime tastes kinda like sprite! haha

Jennifer said...

I agree you look great and your belly is adorable! Oh my, I had already forgotten about the glucose tolerance test...bllllaaaah! I didn't like it either! I guess that how we get tricked into more than one pregnancy...we forget those little details!