This year was Landon's 2nd Easter, but it was full of many 1st's for him! Last year he wasn't crawling or walking at Easter time, so there wasn't a lot that he could participate in. This year however, Landon is running! So egg hunting we will go!!
The day before Easter Josh & I took Landon to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. I didn't know if Landon would love him or run screaming, but I thought we'd try it anyways. Well, he ended up LOVING the Easter Bunny! Yay! He had a big smile for the camera! (Which Josh & I were both surprised because we had to wait an hour and a half to see Bunny - who knew that waiting to the last day would also mean waiting in line? Oops!)
{I like the Easter Bunny!}
{Ohhh I like this wagon, too!}
{Not so sure about this egg seat...}
Our Easter Sunday began with a visit from the Easter Bunny! Since Landon is an early bird, we went ahead and opened Landon's surprises, and I must say that Landon racked up! The Easter bunny brought him a stuffed Tow Mater, a super-cute tractor outfit for summer, a toddler sized wheel barrel, rake, and shovel (so he can help Josh & I work in the yard!!), some new cute socks, M&M's, a slinky (which he is enhtralled with) and some gummy life savers. Landon did not want to put down his stuffed Mater to get dressed, so I had to dress him while he walked around. Yes it was difficult, but this isn't the first time I have had to do this. I thought he looked like a little doll in his Easter outfit. Josh, Landon, and I all wore yellow on Easter this year.
{Wow! Easter Bunny left lots of goodies!!}
{A tractor outfit! Just what I need!}
{A stuffed Mater! Yay! I don't want to let it go!}
{All ready for church...}
Once we were all dressed and ready to go, we headed to the church where I grew up and also where Landon was baptized for a great Easter service. Landon was so good during church! He used to sleep during service, but not anymore! Though he did talk a little, he was quiet enough that Josh & I kept him with us instead of sending him to the nursery.
{Landon & Mrs. Beth}
{Our little family, all dressed in yellow}
After church we went to lunch with Josh's parents, then home for a nap, and finally off to hunt Easter eggs with Landon's cousins on Josh's side of the family. As I said previously, Landon is not just walking, he is running! He is also very competitive! Considering that he was the youngest one there by about 4 years, he collected 17 eggs! Mommy & Daddy were so proud! I caught some of it on video - and as you can see he really enjoyed himself. I was trying to video with one camera and take pictures with the other, so sorry if I drift or bounce :) We hope that you all had a blessed Easter, too!
{Filling his basket}
{Searching for eggs} {Upset all of the eggs are gone}
Short video of Landon hunting eggs at his Pawpaw's house. He was so excited and happy :)
1 comment:
Joshua
said...
Landon sure did enjoy seeing and sitting on the Easter bunny, even if we did have to wait like 2 hours on him/her. He did such a great job finding eggs too!
1 comment:
Landon sure did enjoy seeing and sitting on the Easter bunny, even if we did have to wait like 2 hours on him/her. He did such a great job finding eggs too!
Post a Comment