Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just Call Me Clumsy!

So, I know that I have blogged about my accident-proneness before. Josh & I were REALLY hoping that Landon would not inherit this trait from me...however I am beginning to see that the apple does not fall far from the tree!....no pun intended about the falling part :)

Let me explain. I have always been clumsy, very, very clumsy. As you will read in an upcoming post (ah ha! stay tuned!) I am always running through glass doors (yes, you read that right), falling into a hole, or some other crazy freak accident. In fact, when I was pregnant with Landon I fell at a Florence High School football game, tore a ligament in my left ankle, was on crutches for 6 weeks and in a boot for almost 3 months. Every once in a while that ankle still gives me fits. Luckily I didn't need surgery. Anyways, here comes my beautiful baby boy...so sweet and innocent! I knew that there would come a time, usually when they start crawling, walking, or running, that he would have boo-boo's, but I was soooo hoping that he wouldn't be such a klutz. So much for that...

About a week ago, Landon had his first visit with the bone and joint clinic. WHAT?!? I know, I know... rewind 5 hours. We had just finished up breakfast, I had made some coffee, turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and was sitting down in the den floor to read the paper. This is our morning ritual. Landon had some toys strewn out on the den floor, again, nothing new. While he was playing (aka running around like a wild man) he somehow tripped over a toy horse, turned his ankle, and fell onto me. He began screaming in pain! I was terrified. Fortunately I was able to calm him down enough to where he would sit in my lap and let me wiggle his leg, knee, ankle, etc. to make sure nothing was broken. He didn't seem to mind me putting pressure on his leg, so I thought he was okay. WRONG! I talked him into getting up, you know, to see if he could walk, but bless his sweet little heart, he just could not put any pressure on it without screaming. That left me no choice but to call the doctor. So, to the doctor we go. Unfortunately the doctor that we really like to see at the pediatrician’s office was out. Note to self - don't get hurt on a Wednesday - that is Dr. M's off day! (ha-ha) So, we had to see "her." (Jessica, if you're reading this, I know you're laughing!) "She" took an x-ray of Landon's leg and ankle, but didn't find anything. Since he would not bare weight on his leg she sent us to the Bone & Joint Clinic. Honestly, I was thinking to myself, "I can just give him Motrin and TLC for a few days and he will be all better - it's just a sprained ankle!" but since he is so little, they insisted we go see another doctor. Apparently they didn’t' realize I was so experienced on this topic...

So, to another waiting room we go...and sit...and wait...and wait... I was amazed at how patient Landon was! I mean, seriously, we spent about 2 hours waiting for doctors that day! Although, he did have an audience to entertain! ;) Come to find out, I was right! By the time we got in to see Dr. Young at the B&J Clinic (who by the way is AWESOME with children!) Landon was already limping around okay. They told me to give him Motrin for a few days and he would be fine....hmmm, seems like I've heard that somewhere. ;) The next day he was running around like his old self!

The moral of this story: Pick up your toys! :) I love you Landon!!


{Headed to the doctor's office...rockin' my shades!}


{Did you know that boo-boo's get you lollipops!? Score!}


{Already feeling better!}

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Well we all know the apples doesnt fall far from the tree. With Landon he didnt have a chance. I had to have stitches at age 2 & 4 and then a broken arm at age 6.