I love trying new things! Any excuse to experience something new, whether it be for myself or for Landon, I am all for it! I want to give Landon as many opportunities for adventures as possible. Recently we had heard multiple people mention this great little place in the middle of nowhere called the Rattlesnake Saloon. They boasted about the food and the neat atmosphere that they found there, so I thought to myself, "We MUST check this place out!" So this past Saturday afternoon Josh, Landon, & I, along with our friends, Will, Ashley, and their son Hudson, loaded up in the car and headed on a little adventure.
{Ready to enjoy some Rattlesnake lunch!}
{Look Mommy!! Neigh's!}
{Don't mind me...just checking out the saloon}
{My Size Rattlesnake!}
{Watch out!!}
Of course if you know me, then you would know that I had already researched it online. They have basic foods, like burgers, chicken fingers, etc. but all with cowboy lingo - like snake eyes for jalapenos, giddy-up sticks for cheese sticks, skunk rings for onion rings, and cowboy buttons for fried mushrooms. At night it is a bar with a stage for a band, but during the day it is a little restaurant situated inside of a cave. On the wall inside the saloon there is a picture that explains how it got its name: the skin of a mother rattlesnake and her 12 babies...which were found inside of the cave! On the property, which is over 30,000 acres of picturesque natural woodland, are trails for walking, riding horses and 4-wheelers.It is full of native Indian mounds and heritage, but we did not venture on any of the trails. However, we did check out the animals. The owners have a pet skunk (thankfully it did not spray! it's been fixed). They also have a pet deer named Caroline which comes inside of their house and they also have miniature longhorn bulls...as pets. We did not get to see the bull, he was roaming the property, but I did get a picture (not a good one though) of Caroline eating some leaves off of a tree.
{Pet Skunk....}
{Can you see Caroline?? Look hard!
Bottom center of the picture}
{Mommy, does he bite? I'll see!}
Our experience was different to say the least. I felt a little out a place in a sundress and sandals when everyone else was in cowboy boots or leather. Had I dressed for the occasion, and if we would have brought a 4-wheeler or horse with us so that we could enjoy the trails, I am sure that our experience would have been much different. Landon seemed to enjoy it, especially since he was fortunate enough to sit on a "Neigh" that's what he calls a horse! When he is older and can enjoy the trails, Josh & I may just have to take him back!! Below are some pictures of us walking the cave trail! Enjoy!
{Landon & Daddy in the cave}
{Landon & Mommy in the cave}
{Ashley, Baby Hudson, Lisa, & Landon}
{Landon's first time on a horse!! He liked it!}
{Country Family Photo}
{Exploring we will go...}
{We needed off-road tires for the stroller!!}
{The boys...}
{Love}
{Daddy giving Landon a little lift!}

No comments:
Post a Comment