Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Road Trip!

In an attempt to get Landon used to riding in the car for long periods of time, Josh and I have been taking road trips lately. Why are we trying to get him used to long car rides? Well because we're going to the beach next month!!! Yay!! We can't wait!! This will be Landon's 3rd beach trip. We first took him when he was 2 months old, then at a year, and this time he will be 22 months old. Though this is not his first trip to the beach, it will be his first trip since he has started walking! It will be very interesting to see how he reacts to the sand, and the mobility and freedom!

{Landon & Mommy - 1st trip to the beach}

{Relaxing in the sun  - 2 months old}

{Sweet little family - Landon's 2nd beach trip}

{Landon really liked the sand! 12 months old}

While trying to get things ready for the beach (I realize that I have a month, but I am a crazy planner and organizer) I have been getting clothes together to see what I might need to purchase. Landon is set! He has some new jumpers, swim trunks & diapers, and sandals that I bought him for Easter. Josh of course is set. I used to work at Belk in the Men's dept., so Josh ALWAYS has clothes for the occasion... :) As for me…not so much. I refuse to wear a maternity swim suit and I don't want to scare people in a bikini so I must dreadfully shop for a bathing suit. I also need some skirts and dresses since I have lost 15 pounds since last beach trip (Yay!)
Well, as any girl knows, you have to take cute clothes to the beach...especially sun dresses! They are so easy to throw on with some jewelry and sandals and go! So while looking online I found 2 cute dresses that I wanted to get. I went out to the mall to get them, and they didn't have them in my size. Ugh! Irritating! To make a long story short, after learning how distraught I was about not being able to find my dresses, my WONDERFUL husband took the time out of his day to call 7 stores (because NO store in Alabama had the dress) and surprised me with one, and only one, that he found in my size in Columbia, TN. Yay! They promised to hold it for me so the next morning we woke up and were off! Landon did so well in the car!! We were very pleased. It took us about an hour and a half to get there, and he didn't even get wiggly until we were on our way home. Granted this wasn't even close to the 6+ hour drive we have ahead of us, it was certainly a start!

Sometime next week Landon and I, and possibly our friends Robin & Reese, are going to take a day trip Huntsville to pick up another dress that I had ordered last week. Not knowing that Josh had found the other dress for me, I had purchased a dress from a store in Huntsville. When the sales lady asked me if I wanted her to ship it to me, I said, "No, that's okay. I'll come pick it up! I need a good excuse to come shopping in Huntsville!" Oops... Oh well, Landon has been wanting to go to Toys R Us lately! And some Starbucks wouldn't be so bad, either!! :)

One other road trip on our list: Nashville, TN. Landon's Godfather, Richard, is going to be running in the Music City Marathon so we are going to go up there and cheer him on! While we are there we also hope to have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe- Landon LOVES that place!! This will be about a 2 1/2 hour drive (one way) so we shall see how he does on this one! It is so hard now that he is older and wont sleep in the car. You have to work everything around eating and napping. A 6 hour beach trip will probably take us somewhere around 8 or 9 hours due to the many rest stops!! Though this may sound silly, I am glad he isn't potty trained yet because we'd really be stopping a lot! Keep your fingers crossed that we make it without pulling out our hair!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yah for the beach! We're so excited to go! And Richard and I are both really touched that ya'll are coming up to see him cross the finish line. I hope the rain will move out so Landon can watch too!