Sunday, April 25, 2010

Landon's 1st Circus!


This past February Josh & I went all out buying tickets to the circus in Huntsville, but unfortunately an unforeseen event came up and we were unable to go. So, when I heard that the circus was coming to Florence this week, I was jazzed! I showed Landon pictures of the circus that were published in the newspaper and told him all about what we were going to be doing and seeing to get him excited. In the newspaper they said that on the morning of setup that parents could bring their children out to the petting zoo. Landon loves animals so I thought this would be great! They had Llama's, Camels, Cows, Elephants, a Zebra, a Hippopotamus, Billy Goats, Donkeys, Horses, and Pony’s....or "Baby Neighs" as Landon called them! Landon really seemed to enjoy seeing and petting them, but there was 1 little distraction while we were there. Since they were setting up, they had tractors out helping to move the large poles, stage, etc. Of course Landon went BONKERS and had to chase a tractor...or two...around!


{Petting the Horses & Billy Goats}

{There was a crowd!}

Once we wrangled him back to us, we loaded up and headed home for a nap. I REALLY wanted him to get a good nap so he could further enjoy the circus activities that afternoon. Landon only took an hour nap - he usually gets at least an hour and a half - but thankfully it was enough!

{Landon's 1st Circus}

So finally to the circus we go! It started at 4:30, but I wanted to have enough time for him to ride the rides and also to get a good seat, so we loaded up at 3:30 and headed out. Once we got there we saw lots of people we knew! Landon really enjoying riding the rides! They had a Circus Choo-Choo, Pony Rides (his favorite one, by far!), Bouncy House Slide, Elephant and Camel rides. The funniest thing of all was seeing how excited my sweet husband was! He had only been to 1 circus before, a long time ago with a friend, so I think this really brought him back to his childish nature! As I had mentioned in a previous post, I want to be able to give Landon all of the things I didn't do/have as a child, and Josh is the same way! For example: Josh always wanted a bean bag, so Landon has two. Also, Josh had never been to the fair until he met me 12 years ago! I thought everyone went to the fair! Landon was fortunate to go this past September - and of course loved it!

{Cutest little conductor I've ever seen}

{Baby Neigh Ride}

{Round & Round we go!}

{Mommy, can I have one?}

{Camel ride with Daddy}

{Watch out! They spit!}

{Elephant ride with Mommy}

{Mommy & Landon at the Circus}

{About to go in the big tent!!}

Overall we really enjoyed ourselves! This was a pretty good circus for it being Landon's very first one...not too big but still fun filled. Josh bought Landon a snow cone (I think it was really for Josh! haha!) and thankfully there was an intermission so we could stretch our legs. Needless to say, the circus wore him out! He fell asleep in 2 minutes that night and slept late the next morning! Success!

{Mmmmmm, snow cone!}

{Amazed by the sights and sounds}

{In the eyes of a child...}

{Intermission! Let's run around!}

Here are a few pictures of the Circus Acts:

{That dog can jump!}

{Aerial Trapeze}

{Swinging Trapeze}

{Such a big elephant for such a little stool}

{That's all folks! Elephant waving bye}

No comments: