{Meet Ladlo & Lulu}
{Craziness in Nashville}
I must admit that I was a little on edge the night before with all of this severe weather headed our way. I questioned whether or not it would be safe, and after meticulously studying the weather radar Josh & I decided that we...and by we I mean I...would just over pack enough items so that if the weather was bad enough and we had to stay overnight in Nashville, that we would be prepared to do so. The drive to Nashville was okay. The weather was cloudy, but fortunately no rain. We found our way to the end of the Marathon so that we could see Richard/Lulu cross the finish line and then...drip....drop...drip...drop...I started feeling some sprinkles of rain on my face. I quickly put on Landon's raincoat, my raincoat, and got an umbrella ready just as the bottom fell out! Yes, we were drenched. :-/ Never mind that I was wearing rain boots and a rain coat with a hoodie - the winds were so strong that we all got soaked. Landon seemed to enjoy it though! He had never played in the rain before! Our hair was uncontrollably curly! haha! We stood off to the side, trying to take cover from the rain, and unfortunately did not get to see Richard cross the finish line in person. However, we were able to see it later online! We were so proud of Lulu!!! As the thunder and lightening rolled in and the rain began to pour, the Marathon officials cut the race short. As you can imagine everyone started heading to their cars for shelter. Talk about ChAoS!!! So, Josh, Landon, Richard, Ashley, and I all headed for our car, absolutely soaking wet. Richard was exhausted and very, very sore, so we took him and Ashley back to their hotel, and then we headed to Opry Mills to shop out the storm :)
{Run Lulu, Run!}
{Landon & Lulu}
{My Sweet Monkey}
{Race to the car!}
{Someone didn't want to use my umbrella...}
At Opry Mills we enjoyed a nice lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. This was Landon's 2nd time to eat there, and he really enjoyed the life-like animals. He wasn't too sure about the Elephants though...he kept a close eye on them in case they tried to stampede! ha! After lunch we browsed the stores looking for deals. I found a really cute shirt and Landon got some awesome Monkey shoes...which he insists on wearing all day and night. It's so cute, when he wakes up in the morning he goes "ooh eeh ahhh ahh!" like a monkey - that is his way of telling me he wants to wear those shoes. If I don't get them for him, he immediately runs to get them! Silly boy! Looks like Monkeys are in and New Balance is out....for now!
{Mmmm, Spinach Dip!}
{Mom, I don't know about this thing!!}
{Hi!}
{Rainforest Cafe}
Overall this was a good trip. We were glad that we were able to see our friends and thankfully we were able to bypass most of the storm while we were at the mall. Landon wasn't exactly an angel in the car, but I can't blame him! We woke him up early that morning, he didn't get a nap, and the car ride home was a little stormy! This was a good trial run for the beach trip...now I know which tricks to have up my sleeve for next time!
{We stopped by Lulu & Ladlo's house on
the way home...Mommy needed a break!}


No comments:
Post a Comment