So with our sneakers on and Landon loaded into the jogging stroller we took off around the neighborhood. We usually do the same ole' 5 mile route, but this morning, since we were short on time, we decided to only do 2.5 to 3 miles, which meant a new, unfamiliar route. As we were crossing a busy, main road, clumsy me took a tumble on some uneven pavement and turned my ankle. At least this time it was my right ankle. When I was pregnant with Landon I did that same thing, but to my left ankle. You can read about that experience here. So here I am, sitting in the middle of a high traffic road, in tons of pain, lots of tears, and mounds of embarrassment. To put the cherry on top, this was probably the ONLY day that neither Josh nor I had brought our cell phones with us. Fortunately one of the home owners was checking him mail as we were jogging by. I guess that was a good thing, because he came running with ice. About that time one of my neighbors from when I still lived at my Mom's drove by and she stopped. She sat there with me while Josh & Landon rushed home to get the car and more ice. I felt so silly as they hoisted me from the middle of the road onto to curb. There were so many cars driving by, rubbernecking! Thanks to the kind man immediately bringing me some ice the swelling wasn't as bad as the last time I fell. However, I still today, 24 hours later, can not put any pressure on it. It's swollen and bruised. I'm sure it's not broken, but since I heard it pop when I fell, I could have messed up another ligament...surely it's not torn, maybe just stretched. My sweet husband has been waiting on me hand and foot (no pun intended...) and I feel a lot better. Although I don't like being out of commission. At least this gives me lots of time to blog, try to figure out Photoshop, and plan Landon's birthday party!!! If I am not any better Monday morning I suppose Dr. Joiner will be getting a phone call! :)
{Landon cuddling with poor Mommy}
{Welcome to Doublehead!}
{My neice, Miranda, & nephew, Alexander being silly!}
{Amy & Baby Emma - 9 months old}
{Playing ball with Miranda}
{Not much for the crippled to do...}
{...except work puzzles}
{Mom, Emma, & Susan}
No comments:
Post a Comment