Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Stinky Day...

Another road trip was in order! This time: Huntsville!! It was time to get out of Florence...even if it was for an afternoon. As a stay-at-home-Mommy, I am always looking for places to go...especially lunch and park dates! They're our favorite! I knew that Landon could care less about shopping, but I thought he wouldn't mind going if we had some friends to join us! So, our friend Robin and her 4 month old little girl, Reese, loaded up in the car and headed out of town!

Since both of our babies do better in the morning, we left pretty early. To our surprise both babies were doing great on the way there! Landon enjoyed having some company in the back seat, and Reese enjoyed looking at herself in the mirror!! Such a diva! :) Of course any road trip would not be complete without some STARBUCKS! As we pull up and place our order, Robin & I hear what sounds like a cough coming from Landon. Robin, sitting diagonal from him turns around and she says, "Oh...throw up..." I just kind of looked at her  and said, "What? Who? Landon? Throw up?" Seriously - in Landon's sweet 22 months of life he has only thrown up 1 other time! This, unfortunately, is why I never pack him a change of clothes! Oops! So here we are, in the drive thru at Starbucks, Landon with vomit all over himself and starting to get upset. I hopped out of the car and proceeded to clean him up...in the drive thru! Robin says to me, "Lisa, what can I do to help you?" My reply, "Uhm, this has never happened to me before, so I don't really know!!" Poor Landon, sitting there in his nakedness, and not once did he let go of that paci! Only long enough for me to run into Starbucks and wash it off! Of course, we HAD to take a picture...Hilarious! I know that if I would have been alone with Landon that I would have been a complete sob story, but thankfully having another Mommy with me allowed me to laugh the entire thing off! Robin & I figured out what made Landon so car sick. The reason why Landon had been so good the entire way to Huntsville was because we passed about a thousand Tractors on our way, and of course I just had to point them all out to him! Poor little fella, his head must of been spinning! Won't do that again!

{Poor little guy!}

Once I get Landon stripped down to his diaper - mind you I have NO clothes to put him in for the remainder of the car trip - I get back in the car and we begin to sip on our drinks. I pull around about to get onto the highway and all of a sudden Reese starts grunting. She had just finished her lunch....Uh oh! Potty time! So, we park, we wait, and we change a diaper!! haha! I'm sure you can imagine just how lovely my vehicle was smelling at this point.

{Changed clothes, diapers, now let's go!}

So, luckily our third attempt to make it to Huntsville was successful! We were able to get some good shopping time in and grab some lunch. I made a quick run in Super Target (wish we had one of those here!!!) and purchased Landon some clothes to wear! You should have seen the looks I got taking a half naked baby into Target! Priceless! And to top it off, Landon had the biggest smile on his face - he loved all of the attention! On the way home, Landon actually took a nap! This may not be a big deal to you, but to me, this is HUGE! My child NEVER sleeps in the car or in the stroller, but Robin has the magic touch! The 1st time we ever went walking at Diebert, Landon fell asleep in the stroller...and then on our roadtrip he slept on the way home! Woohoo!! I can certainly mark this day in the history books for being eventful! I think that it is safe to say, kids sure do make life interesting! So glad we have good friends to make us laugh and experience all of this with!

{Happy Camper with his new clothes on!}

{Robin's got the magic trick!!}

{Sleeping Angel}

{Blowing bubbles!}

{Little Miss Hollywood!}

{Let's roadtrip again soon!}

No comments: