Josh & Lisa Wedding from Lisa Newbern on Vimeo.
I CAN NOT believe that it has been 5 years since I said "I Do" to my high school sweetheart! It seems like yesterday we were standing on the lawn at Turtle Point expressing our love and saying our vows to each other. I would have never imagined how wonderful my life would have turned out. Josh has given me so many things to be thankful for. We have a lovely home, a beautiful boy, great friends, and most of all, we have each other.
It's hard to believe that Josh & I have known each other for almost 13 years. We met in front of my house through a mutual friend. Josh stopped by just to say hi...and he had me at hello! :) I used to always tell him when we dated in high school that I was going to marry him one day...little did I know I was right! We dated for a little over a year, and then parted ways. Josh is 3 years older than me, so he was going off to college and it just wasn't cool to be dating a high-schooler. ;) We used to have so much fun riding around in his Jeep. He was actually the person who taught me how to drive a stick shift! Once I graduated from high school we reconnected and have been together ever since. Over the past 13 years, though we haven’t been close the entire time, we have had some amazing times together! We have traveled to so many fun and exciting places, our favorite being Mexico. We can't wait to go back again!
To celebrate our 5 year anniversary Josh and I planned a night away. For the last 22 months, we have not had a night without Landon, so I think it’s safe to say it was overdue. I was very anxious about leaving Landon, but was very much looking forward to spending time with my husband. At a costume party last Halloween, Josh & I won a night at the Marriott and dinner at the 360 Grille thanks to our fabulous costumes....
{Boo Ball 2009 - Popeye & Olive Oyl}
{Dinner at the 360 Grille}
{My cute...and silly husband}
{Mmmmm...}
{Gorgeous View}
{His & Hers}
{Yummy Crab Cake}
{Extra Special Dessert}
It was so nice to be able to sleep in the next morning, not worrying about how Landon was doing! Although, I would be lying if I didn't include that since this was my 1st time away from the little guy, I did send a few text messages to our babysitter. As expected, everything was perfectly fine! Landon was so good for her. He was so tired from playing with her all afternoon that he went to sleep within 15 minutes! That's sometimes a feat for Josh & I to accomplish! Ha! And as always, she followed every instruction and detail to the T and gave us great feedback. That always makes you feel good! She did note that at one point after we left he started asking for us. I can't say that I was upset...because I had hoped that he would ;) It's nice to know that you're loved and missed!! To say the least Josh & I had a wonderful anniversary. It was a great way to spend some quality time together. Happy 5 Year Anniversary! I can’t wait to see what the next 50+ have in store for us! I LOVE YOU!
I threw this video together this evening. It's nothing special...I just hit AutoMovie.
Well, it's nothing special to you, but it sure is to us :)
4 comments:
Loved your blog and video! Happy Anniversary!
I'm so glad you had a good anniversary weekend!
Okay...your anniversary video made me teary-eyed! So sweet! Great pics of a great couple! So glad to call you both our friends! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)
Hope yall had a great time on your night away for your Anv... Thank yall for trusting Kristin with Landon ..Kristin had a great time with him,, so glad he loves his YAYA like he does. take care....Kristi
Post a Comment