{Pretty Red Roses}
{Getting my Mommy Day kiss}
Josh, Landon & I enjoyed a yummy lunch at Texas Roadhouse, then back home for a nap. Once Landon woke up my boys joined me in the bed. We snuggled, Landon had a snack, and we watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at Landon's request. It was so nice! Later in the day we had a visit from Josh's Mom, whom Landon refers to as "Nana." She brought me a knock-out rose to plant in our front yard and we gave her some stepping stones that I made of Landon's footprints for her garden. I am so lucky to have such loving and supportive in-laws!!
{Snuggling with Mommy}
{Snuggling with Daddy}
{Enjoying our lazy day!}
{"See Nana, this is for you!"}
{Nana's Stepping Stones}
{Landon & Nana}
Later that evening we took my Mom out to dinner. It was so nice to see how happy she was when we pulled up! Bless her heart; she was out of breath from racing down the hallway! I know she was happy to get out of the house, and even though we had to tell her a few times what the occasion was, she really enjoyed spending time with the 3 of us. For those of you that do not know, my Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and over the last three years has really faded. It is really hard for me to watch, as I am her main caretaker, and to be completely honest I have pity-party days where I get really sad about everything. I cry because I don't have that relationship that so many of my friends have with their moms. I feel like I am too young to be dealing with all of these things! The main thing that has been getting to me lately is that when I need to run an errand or I just need a break, I really want to be able to call my mom and say, "Can you come over and watch Landon for an hour?" Unfortunately that is not the case, but I have learned to just put my big girl panties on and deal with it! I want to enjoy all of the time we do have together! When Landon was born we made the decision to put my mother in an assisted living facility so that I could have some help with administering her medication, bathing, and feeding her, since due to the Alzheimer’s she sometimes forgets. This has been a great help! I felt like my only option was moving mom to an assisted living facility or into my own house because there is no way I could continue to drive to her house 3 times a day to give her medication and take her meals. That was hard enough without a baby, so throw a baby and my mom's ferocious dog, Hershey, into the mix and you have lots of chaos! Once we were finished with dinner we went back to my mom’s apartment and sat on her patio. Landon loved the freedom of running around at his Meme's...and it was a great way to wear him out for bedtime!! Once Landon was finished playing he plopped down next to Meme on the bench and gave her a great big hug! Though she may not remember it tomorrow, you KNOW I whipped out my camera for a photo shoot! :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
{Sweet boy...}
{....awwww! Love!}
{Meme, Landon, & Mommy on the patio}
{Big Smiles}
{Me, my Mom, and her other child, Hershey! haha...}
7 comments:
What a sweet and emotional post. I'm glad to hear you had a great day! You are such an amazing mom! I'm so glad I have you in my life to learn from! Love you girl!
ditto on what Robin said! haha. You really are an amazing person and mommy and I am so glad you had a wonderful day!!! Miss you tons!!
Lisa, is that the dress Josh got for you? It's sooo cute! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!
Thanks Robin & Jessica! Y'all are too sweet! And yes, Ashley, that is that dress Josh bought me!! :) I love it!
its really awesome..
Thanks Robin & Jessica!
What a sweet and emotional post. I'm glad to hear you had a great day! You are such an amazing mom!
Canada flower shops
Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task......
you are such a nice mom
Post a Comment