Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Buddies

As soon as I turned in my resignation letter to my Principal and made it official that I was going to be a stay-at-home Mommy, the wheels started turning in my head as to what in the world I would do to keep busy. I am a very active person - I like to stay busy and focused! And though the idea of staying home with my sweet angel was absolutely enough, I knew that from time to time I would need something to get me out of the house, something to keep us on a schedule. Many of my teacher friends told me about MOPS, which if you are not familiar with it, stands for Mothers of PreSchoolers'. This is a great way for both Mom's and Children to interact and support each other. Since out of my group of friends I was the 1st Mommy, I knew that I would feel a little 'out of the loop' so I knew MOPS would be just the thing for me! I signed up, and have been going to the meetings ever since! MOPS meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday a month, plus at least one play date a month and we try and throw in a girls night out, too! Sounds great, huh? I think so!

At our last evening meeting we had a great guest speaker - a Photographer to show us how to take professional pictures of our best subjects: our kiddos! Since I am attached to my camera, I knew this was right up my alley. I invited my friend, Ashley, who also has a strong relationship with her camera, to come with me! ;) I thought she might enjoy it too! Now, let me just say that Landon and I usually go to the morning meetings because nights are not his thing, but overall he did well! I think mainly because his buddy, Hudson, (Ashley's son) was there with him!

During the short presentation we had to leave our little ones in the nursery. I went in, dropped Landon off and he started playing. He didn't even care that I left. Ashley and I forgot our emergency pagers so we had to go back to the nursery and get them. Big mistake - HUGE! Landon freaked out because when I came back into the room he realized that I had been gone. Bless him, the nursery workers said he cried on and off the entire time. I felt bad for him, but since I am considering putting him in a Mommy's Day Out program for 1 day a week next year, this will hopefully get him used to other people. I think he needs more social interaction with children his age! And...Mommy needs a break to clean the house in peace, too!

{Hi Mom!! I'll be fine...}

{Ashley's sad face...this was her
 1st time to leave Hudson}

Once the meeting was over all of the MOPS Mom's gathered their children and headed to the garden for a photo shoot. Ashley, Hudson, Landon & I found a nice seat in the grass to practice our new skills. We took lots of good pictures of our sweet little guys. Though we didn't discuss what the boys would be wearing to the MOPS meeting, I found it cute that we both put them in crab outfits! Landon was happy to share his toy tractor with Hudson, which is not something he will do with just anyone. He's a little, uhm, attached to his tractors... Both boys wanted to explore during the photo shoot. To my surprise Landon did do a lot of posing and smiling. I hope this continues into this weekend - Landon has been selected to be a baby model for a local children’s boutique! Keep your fingers crossed that everything turns out well! haha! Here are some cute pictures from our MOPS Photo Session. Next on the MOPS agenda, SWIM LESSONS!! :)

{Best Buds}

{Mmmm, Landon your outfit is delish!}

{Landon, buddy, you never told
 me how yummy tractors are!}

{Boys will be boys}

{I love this boy}

{In deep thought...}

{Pictures in the garden}

{Little poser ;) }

{By far my favorite picture. Thanks, Ashley!}

1 comment:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Awww! Such sweet little buddies. Thanks for inviting us! We had lots of fun!