Well, Landon & I are officially quarantined! Last night we spent a little over 3 hrs in the ER at Helen Keller hospital with what the doctor called a "very nasty, aggressive case of the stomach flu." Sounds miserable, huh? Well, let me tell you, IT IS! It's strange, it just came out of the blue. We have no clue as to where we contracted it, since we've been hunkered down inside all last week thanks to the snow. We did take a quick little trip to Tennessee to see some friends on Saturday, but they are not sick so we surely didn't get it from them...I just hope we didn't give it to them! The nurse at the hospital said once you come in contact with the virus, it takes about 18-24 hours to show up...which still doesn't help since we were not around any sickly folks! I just know one thing is for sure, I never want this again! I can not remember the last time I was this sick, and my poor little Landon has it too :( The doctor says it passes through children much more quickly so within 24 hrs he should be over it, but I was already starting to get dehydrated so I had to stay and get an IV full of fluids so that this virus wouldn't affect baby Newbern. The one good thing that has come out of this? We got to hear baby's heartbeat :) They had to monitor just to make sure everything was okay (because I was having some serious cramping) but baby was active and swimming all over the place. The heartbeat was 153 bpm, such a sweet noise to hear amongst all of the chaos of being in the ER.

Poor baby was wiped out!
Hooked up to the IV and getting some fluid
...but soooo ready to go home!
Landon and I have been put on a clear liquid diet for 2 days. I am finally able to keep medicine down and drink some water. We got some Propel for Landon since he can't have any juice and he doesn't like plain water. We need some Popsicles and chicken noodle soup, so I think Josh might have to venture out in a little while to get some "sick supplies." Right now Landon and I are quite a sight - laying up in the bed watching Yo Gabba Gabba in our PJ's. Unfortunately I know what's just around the corner...Josh will soon be feeling the effects of the virus. He's been our #1 caretaker since 3 o'clock yesterday, so I am sure there is no way he's getting out of this one, even if he is lathering up in Germ-X. Oh, and the one thing I forgot to mention, yesterday was Landon's 1st official day of being potty trained...what a "crappy" way to say bye-bye to the diaper, eh? And yes, there is pun intended! We've decided to use diapers today, since he could have an emergency situation in the bed, but he was really good to use the potty all weekend long, so I hope this doesn't make us regress back to diapers...only time will tell! And hopefully this virus will find its way out of our life, and soon!
1 comment:
Bless you!!! Y'all can't catch a break. God is just preparing you for life with a daughter :)
Post a Comment