Josh & I had both picked out a bedding set that we liked at the Baby's Room, a local children's store.Actually, I picked 2, but one was a little pricey, so I had my reservations about it. So, after I threw the pricey one out, there was only about $80 price difference between the two left (Josh's being the least expensive...) but I couldn't figure out just how to decorate the room with other accessories with Josh's bedding. It was cute, don't get me wrong, I liked it, but neither of us could envision what else to use in the room. Plus, we had already ordered a new glider for the room in a swirl pattern. (Josh picked out the chair. It was a small fortune, but I have never seen my husband so excited about furniture. Ever! So we had to get it!...that and I talked 'em down about $100!!)
This is the one Josh picked...
This is a close up of the pattern.
And this is the one that I picked. Looks simple...
...but here's a close up of the pattern.
And this is our glider. Yes, it reclines.
(See why Josh likes it! He remember's those LONG nights
with Landon sleeping in the upright glider!!)
Ours is this swirl pattern, but in a beige and brown color.
My sweet friend, Jessica Melvin, had offered to paint some canvas' for baby girls room, so that will help me out in not being able to find things in pastels! I think that some pastel pink and green swirl lollipop's and maybe a few pastel cupcakes will do the trick! I am also going to have someone either come paint the letters on the wall or I might order the letter decals off of Etsy, but above her crib I am going to have this saying, "Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice...That's What "Layla" (or whatever he name may be) Is Made Of!" I think it will all come together! And I am finally starting to get excited!! I know that typically you don't get a shower with your second baby, but my sweet friends are giving me a "Baby Sprinkle" since we are practically starting all over with things for baby girl, so I get to register and all of that fun stuff again! :) That is really adding to the excitement!





4 comments:
I like the bedding...both of them! :)
I love the idea of Sugar & Spice...so cute!!
I love it! I can't wait to register! Jordan isn't very excited about registering if it is a girl :( He said I can go without him lol
Love the bedding! I know you're ready to get everything all set up.
Post a Comment