Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bigger Quicker

October 14th : So you know how they say that the second time around (with a pregnancy that is) you seem to start showing much more quickly than before? Well, they weren't kidding! I am certainly no skinny Minny, but I don't think I was huge, and now I feel huge. I am 6+ weeks and already getting pudgy! Since I don't want anyone to know that we are expecting yet, I am trying desperately to suck in, but that wont work for too much longer. Hopefully when people see me they will just think it's a "food baby." Haha!

Here is a 6 week picture. Again, I am NOT a skinny human, and there's no denying that the biggest part of me has always been my middle section, however, I can definitely tell a difference in my stomach - mainly because it is tighter than before.


Speaking of food, before with my 1st pregnancy I never really had any foods that I just couldn't eat, or any that I just really craved either. I couldn't be around raw chicken - the smell really got to me - but cooked chicken was fine. This came in handy since I taught Creative Foods courses, and we would cook for 6 hours straight! Well this time any little smell will get to me, and I cannot get my taste buds working. The only thing that tastes really really good is water! I crave it all day long! Oh, and pretty much anywhere I go I order soup and salad. It's yummy to my tummy! The other day I did have a really intense need for a Trowbridges hot dog...but that was probably just me, and not baby! :)

I think it is safe to say that this pregnancy is NOTHING like my first one. With Landon I was sick for 4 months straight, everyday, twice a day! I would have to get up early just because I knew I would spend at least 30-45 minutes hovering over the commode! With this baby I have been fine so far. A little nausea here and there, but barely bad enough for me to break out the Zofran. Also, with Landon I had great skin, hair, and nails, but this time I have the absolute worst acne! I feel like a teenager! Seriously - I have NEVER had acne this bad. Ugh :( I hope it goes away soon! Just because I was curious to see what it said, I checked out the Chinese Gender chart for this baby. The 1st time it said I was having a boy, and this time it says girl. Is that why my symptoms are so different?!? Probably not, but it's fun to guess either way! We are just praying for a happy, healthy baby!!

No comments: