Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oktoberfest 2010

After the UNA parade was over, we headed back home so that Landon could take his afternoon nap. Since the weather was so nice, I knew that I wanted to take advantage of every opportunity to be outside, so after lunch and nap we ventured out to a neighboring town of St. Florian for their annual Oktoberfest. Little did we know that at this said Oktoberfest they also feature a Tractor show!! We no more than pulled into the grass parking area as Landon began screaming in excitement at the top of his lungs, "TWACTOR!!! TWACTOR!!!" This was just the thing for us to do on a beautiful afternoon.

The Oktoberfest did not disappointment. There were lots of vendors set up for gifts and snacks. I even managed to talk the boys into getting a funnel cake...or a tunnel cake as Landon calls them. There was also an entire field full of bouncy houses and fun things for children to do. However, Landon wanted nothing to do with the petty activities. You see, with 35+ tractors around, he had his mind set on 1 thing, sitting on those bad boys. And sit on them we did...every last one of them. His favorite was the blue one, larger in size but similar to his Daddy's "Old Blue" that he rides on a weekly basis. There was also a tractor that had been transformed to look like a choo-choo train. It pulled 8 little colorful metal barrels for children to ride in. Landon thoroughly enjoyed this! A tractor AND a choo-choo, come one! HEAVEN! Last but certainly not least, we ended our afternoon with a hayride around the field, 2 in fact. Landon had to sit closest to the tractor, and he kept telling us that he was riding in the wagon and that he wanted to do it again. 2 was enough that day, he will just have to hold his horses until I can take him out to the McGee Farm for some more hayrides, petting zoo, and pumpkin picking fun!

Who knew there would be a tractor show at the Oktoberfest?
It was meant to be for Landon :)

By far, his favorite tractor...

Oh this one is nice, it even comes with
 a "brella" (what he calls an umbrella)

Seeing the sights with Daddy

Landon is in the cuckoo clock!

Run, Mommy, RUN!

After jogging to get back to the tractors, I needed a rest.
Landon was not pleased that I was sitting in the tractor tire.
 He demanded that I get up :-/

Green Acres is the place to be...

Next up: Choo-Choo ride!

Here we go!

I think I can, I think I can...

Mom, this is barrels of fun!!

Yay for a hayride!


Daddy's turn for a ride!

Nice. Only in Alabama. ;)

No comments: