Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Fun!

Every year we love taking Landon to the pumpkin patch to pick out his very own pumpkin. Of course we could just take him to Wal-Mart and let him get one there, but nothing says Fall like making a trip to the Pumpkin Patch. This year Landon was beyond thrilled to get his "pun-kin'" He had already seen a lot of them in the stores, and Josh & I would explain to him that he had to wait to get a "real" pumpkin from the Pumpkin Patch in St. Florian. So the day came. We pulled up on a busy Sunday afternoon, grabbed our wagon, and began looking for the perfect pumpkin!

First we found the perfect Daddy pumpkin, and then from afar Landon spotted a Mommy pumpkin (which there is a picture of him picking out below). We put our pumpkins (heavy pumpkins, might I add) into the wagon and started looking for the perfect little pumpkin for Landon. We spotted a few places to take some pictures, so we had to take a break for that. Landon was really a ham that day, cheesing for all of the pictures!! :) To steer his mind away from playing on picture props we offered him a ride in the wagon...and he was happy to accept! We wheeled over to the tiniest $1 pumpkins, and he found a cute round, orange pumpkin. In an attempt to make sure we had the one that was meant to be, I continued looking around, and stumbled upon 1 more that was flawless. I asked Landon which one he liked better...that was my mistake. Note to self: never ask Landon to pick. So, to say the least, we left with 4 pumpkins. 1 for Mommy, 1 for Daddy and 2 for Landon.

After loading our pumpkins into the car, I was beginning to get a little hungry. We noticed this cute little sandwich and shakes shop just on the other side of the trees. We headed over that way to try it out. It was delicious! Josh & I split a chicken salad sandwich, Landon & Josh split a caramel milkshake, I had a cappuccino shake, and Josh surprised me with one of my favorites - Chocolate Covered Strawberries! Yum! It was a sweet way to end the day ;)


Pumpkin Patch

Mommy & Landon sitting on the wagon!

Peek-A-Boo! I see you!

Silly boys! :)

Mommy had to try it too...

Mommy, this looks like a good one for you!


Big Cheese!

I love wagon rides!
 
This is my pumpkin!

...Well I'm 2 years old, so I need 2 pumpkins!
 
The Drink Box - Yum!

My special surprise!

No comments: