Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 5th - A day for the history books!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!! Wow - what an amazing day today is! While I have been planning my entire afternoon around going to meet a very special little boy (Caleb Fisher), I got quite the surprise myself! While Landon was at day school I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was late, which is nothing new since I had stopped taking my birth control, but I felt kind of a fullness is my stomach, and my butt was looking kind of big (haha) so I thought, what the hey! Why not?! I had been taking the cheap-o dollar tree tests in the weeks prior, but yesterday, Monday Oct. 4th, I made a run to the grocery store to pick up the items for Josh's special birthday dinner, and thought maybe I should pick up a "real-deal" test. The test immediately came back positive. Now, normally...or should I say previously with my 1st pregnancy, Josh & I had made a pact to look at the "pee stick" together, but since nothing had been discussed this time, I wanted to hurry up and find out the results. When they came back positive I didn't know what to do! Should I call Josh and tell him? No, he was at work, and I didn't want everyone to know. Plus, he had a class that night and I knew he wouldn't be able to focus. So, Landon & I jumped in the car, headed to Target, and purchased a birthday card. Inside of it I wrote a special little message to Josh from Baby Newbern. :) I was so proud of myself...haha!

Then, I called the doctor. Since I have already been through 1 pregnancy, I knew that I didn't want an early ultrasound. Our insurance only allows 3 ultrasounds during a pregnancy, so whenever we were to get to see our baby, I actually wanted to see a baby and not just a heart flicker. While on the phone with the nurse I got her to put some prenatal vitamin samples (I am very particular with which one I take..silly I know, but it makes me less sick!) and scheduled our first appointment for Oct. 26th!!! Yay!

As I mentioned earlier, I had been planning to head to the hospital to meet Mr. Caleb once he made his arrival. So around 5 p.m. Landon and I went to the hospital. While we were there we saw our friend Robin, and I so badly to tell her the good news, but I just knew that I couldn't!

When Josh got home he noticed 2 birthday cards on the table - one from his aunt that came in the mail, and one that said, "Daddy." He opened up the card and said, "OH (insert 4 letter word here), Are you pregnant?" I immediately started crying. Maybe I expected something a little more like, "Wow!! This is wonderful! I can't wait to be a daddy again!" but I suppose this had to do! Josh was excited, but I think he was just caught by surprise....especially since I had just taken a test last week and it came back negative. I then told him that I had already talked to the doctor, and they said I should be about 5 weeks along! Crazy! Right now it is showing our due date as June 6, 2011! So, Happy Birthday, Josh! Our life just got a little more exciting!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congrats, Lisa! That's so exciting. :)