Ok, readers. Josh & I are beginning to have a little problem with our sweet, innocent little Landon. Somewhere he has picked up a "bad" word. It is not a word that Josh & I say, so we can't figure out where he picked it up. The scary part is that he knows exactly when to use it. For instance, this morning he dropped one of his trucks, looked at the floor, and said, "DAMNIT!" Yikes!
I doubt he heard it on TV, because 90% of the time we are watching Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or Chuggington. So where then? School? That's a possibility, but his teachers have never heard him say it at school. Of course, whenever he says it we have been trying to teach him to say "woopsie" or "oh no!" instead, but as of right now, it's not working. I have even been rewarding him with M&M's whenever he does use the correct word, and we even went as far as putting him in time out when he would repeatedly say the bad word. I am at a loss! I thought maybe if we ignored it the first few times he would stop saying it, but that didn't work, either! He just got louder and more frequent with it. Ugh...this is no fun! I guess I should go pull out one of my thousands of parenting books. Surely there is some advice in there about this...I mean, I KNOW Landon isn't the first child to say a bad word! Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! :)
2 comments:
My oldest nephew went through a stage of saying this word at about the same age Landon is. He thought it was funny because he got a reaction out of people. We explained that it was a "bad" word and not to say it and then just ignored him and he stopped.
When you find a solution, let me know so I can write it down to have on hand ;) haha. Hope you're doing well!!! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment