*Sniff* Mmmm, what's that?!?! Do I smell cake?! YES! I DO! An Oreo cake to be specific! Why? Because it's my birthday! :)
Normally I am very indifferent to my birthday. It comes once every year but I just have never been one to like the attention all on me. However, this year I am been craving some cake and pampering, so Hello Birthday, nice to see you again! :)
I'm sure you are wondering, "What did you get for your birthday?!" Well, let me tell you! First and foremost, I woke up after 8 a.m.- which is a huge deal in our house! - to a home cooked breakfast from my hubby. Belgium waffles, peppered bacon, and yummy cheese eggs! My tummy was full! Then, Josh & Landon wanted me to go ahead and open my presents (which were wrapped in Christmas paper - bless them! haha!) Josh got me a gigantic new external hard drive which should hold about 200,000 pictures. That will do for a little while, right?! haha! Let's remember that I did take over 3,000 pictures of Landon in just 2 months after his birth! I didn't want to miss a second :) And with baby number 2 on the way, Josh knew that I would need a heavy duty one! Thanks, Babe!
Landon got me a very pretty pink and yellow necklace and he also brought me a "Birthday Milkshake" last night :) Yet, when I gave him a sip, he quickly told me that it was actually his birthday, and that he wanted the milkshake! Silly boy! I DID share with him in case you were wondering!
From my Mom I got some money (which I will probably use to buy maternity clothes since I am starting to look like a Fatty Patty) and a new camera lens (for all of those pictures I am going to be taking!!) Then tonight for dinner we all went to Red Lobster for a lovely birthday dinner. However, we probably should have gone to my first choice, Texas Roadhouse, because when going to dinner with a 2 year old, you should always choose the restaurant that is louder! That way, your child doesn't make such a scene! ugh!
So far today has turned out to be a great day! I just took a look at our mail and there were a handful of birthday cards with my name on them, very exciting! This weekend Josh & I are going to dinner at Dale's with his parents to celebrate both my birthday and Josh’s Mom's birthday, which is Friday. Should be yummy! Here's hoping that my "evening sickness" holds off so that I can enjoy another wonderful birthday dinner!
1 comment:
So glad you had a good day! Red Lobster is definately not kid friendly. We took Sam there and he couldn't even babble without people looking.
Post a Comment